DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two people with LAANC in the same area at the same time?

Xitor

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I will be flying in controlled airspace to record an event. Its a pretty small, golf charity event, already got the course permissions, and there will be plenty of space to fly where I'm never over people. I've already got my LAANC approvals, the question though, if I want someone else to assist at this event, can he request the same airspace for the same time window? How would you do it if you were a team of photographers for the same employer - request made by the company, not the PIC? Or have you ever requested LAANC and been rejected because someone else already had that time window blocked? Since you can reserve up to a 12 hour window, could get messy.

LAANC is not a reservation. It's simply permission to fly. We had multiple simultaneous 0' Grid LAANC requests granted this week to fly the Sphere in Vegas. It does take a bit of coordination between pilots though. We constantly talk about position and AGL while flying.

LAANC is not a reservation. It's simply permission to fly. We had multiple simultaneous 0' Grid LAANC requests granted this week to fly the Sphere in Vegas. It does take a bit of coordination between pilots though. We constantly talk about position and AGL while flying.
Thanks, I was hoping it was something like that, otherwise with a 1 nautical mile limit and 12 hour window you could really lock down flight opportunities.