DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

unable to calibrate vision sensors.

dive_time

Reactions
so i unboxed my magic today and set everything up. went for first flight and had warning of no collision avoidance and landing assistant. says, needed to calibrate fwd vision camera. so i went through the steps, no success. Then went to dji assistant and went through the steps there, when calculating it stops at 71%.. called and waited on hold for over an hour. they were Not much help with troubleshooting, told to send back.

If i can avoid this would be way better than sending back.
i calibrated IMU and firmware on the assistant says it is up to date.
Any help?

The only thing I am aware of that usually causes problems with this calibration is the way you point the mavic at the screen. You probably already know this but you have to hold the mavic at one point in front of the display and then tilt the mavic to follow the screen prompts. Don't hold the mavic horizontal and move the whole unit around. Hope this helps.

Here's an example showing how it should be done:

Hey thanks for the help. I must have done just that 10 separate times, every time failing on the last part of the calculation at 71%..

Reactions: Pete
I had a similar issue , stucking at 85% all the time. I tried on a different computer and completed successfully.

Just return this back to DJI as they have requested and they will replace it..... the longer you hold on to it the longer it will take to get a working Mavic.

This is new and if it has an issue out of the box that can not be resolved quickly and easily following the guides then I would return it anyway as this could just be an indication of other issues.

Reactions: Thwyllo
so i unboxed my magic today and set everything up. went for first flight and had warning of no collision avoidance and landing assistant. says, needed to calibrate fwd vision camera. so i went through the steps, no success. Then went to dji assistant and went through the steps there, when calculating it stops at 71%.. called and waited on hold for over an hour. they were Not much help with troubleshooting, told to send back.

Any help?

Here's an example showing how it should be done:

Thanks so much for this instructional video. I've had my Mavic for about a week now when the calibration error started and I've been grappling with it since day 2. You just make my day!!

Well, I tried it and it still fails at 71%. I run Windows 10 Pro, did the restart deal as suggested and re-installed the Assistant 2 app after that. Then tried the calibration - same place failure. Anyone else with an idea? I do use a 4K 28" display. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any help?
AHA !!! I have found the problem:
if you are running windows 8 or later DJI does not want to pay the royalties to Microsoft for the signature of their drivers. therefore the drivers will not load. if you run a MAC iOS then there is no problem they don't care about users using their system and signatures are not required. You can only run Assistant 2 on Windows 7 or earlier. or a Mac Operating system. THAT'S IT

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000