DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update Problems

mschwind200

Reactions
So my controller randomly disconnects from my Mavic which is obviously dangerous.

I dropped my controller and then started having issues that same day. However, I also updated the drone that same day and have read reports that the firmwares cause these issues.

When I try to update to the latest version it says "Update Complete" but then when I fire up the drone it says "New firmware available".

I don't know what to do. Is it because of the fact that I dropped the controller or is the software really the problem?

Should I downgrade instead of upgrading?

Thanks

Did you update via the app or on the computer with Dji Assistant 2 ? I would switch on the Mavic and controller and allow them to connect then plug the controller into Assistant 2 and update that way then see if it takes . Perhaps either the battery , controller or the Mavic is still on a different FW . Connecting via the computer with Assistant 2 seems to update all at the same time better than the phone app .

So my controller randomly disconnects from my Mavic which is obviously dangerous.

I dropped my controller and then started having issues that same day. However, I also updated the drone that same day and have read reports that the firmwares cause these issues.

When I try to update to the latest version it says "Update Complete" but then when I fire up the drone it says "New firmware available".

I don't know what to do. Is it because of the fact that I dropped the controller or is the software really the problem?

Should I downgrade instead of upgrading?

Thanks

After updating to the new software, my drone ended up in the sea as it was drifting away and not allowing me to control it. Not even the RTH button would function. By the way. Although I did the firmware update, it still asked me to update. I did it about 3 times and all 3 times it says complete and successful but still asked me to do it. I read in various forums that after updating their new software, had their drone either crash or ended up in waters. My guess is that the new software has a role in it.

Last edited:
Although I did the firmware update, it still asked me to update

And you still flew the Mavic even though it was still telling you it needed a update ?

And you still flew the Mavic even though it was still telling you it needed a update ?
I don't think you understood my statement well. I stated that after installing the new update, it told me that it was complete and successful. It kept showing to update. What did you expect? For me to not take a test flight? If it was an update error, it should be the company that built the software to be at fault. This afternoon I heard that someone had the very same problem and after his update on the Phantom 4, it too took a turn for the worse and crashed into a building.

I don't think you understood my statement well. I stated that after installing the new update, it told me that it was complete and successful. It kept showing to update. What did you expect? For me to not take a test flight? If it was an update error, it should be the company that built the software to be at fault. This afternoon I heard that someone had the very same problem and after his update on the Phantom 4, it too took a turn for the worse and crashed into a building.

Yes if it was giving me a message that I felt was wrong or something may not have updated correctly I would definitely not fly the craft . Would you fly a real plane if a fault indicator was flashing or something just didn't seem right ?

Same issue here, like exactly the same.

I can not continue risking flying with it anymore, because I lose it everytime already.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prits_uk2002