DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated firmware - slower/weird

Hayabusa

Reactions
was promoted again to upgrade firmware so I did.
Took her out to beach do some filming of my new Traxxas Rustler RC truck ( which is bad *** btw) well, right up until I broke the drive yoke.
Took the AC up and noticed that it seemed slower, even in sport mode.
It also did some weird braking while 300’ up in air. And nothing but sky and ocean in sight. This was at sunset. Already getting dark so no sun in lens.
After firmware update- do I need to change any settings that could have changed by default?
I haven’t had a chance to look at since I got home.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Mike

Btw/ I also have new platinum props installed. I took it once prior and didn’t notice a speed issue but was night and then had a disconnect so maybe just didn’t notice

...Took the AC up and noticed that it seemed slower, even in sport mode.
It also did some weird braking while 300’ up in air. And nothing but sky and ocean in sight. This was at sunset. Already getting dark so no sun in lens.
After firmware update- do I need to change any settings that could have changed by default?...
You state there was no sun on lens but this sounds like the forward sensors detecting the the sun as an object and stopping the Mavic. This happens more often at sunset especially over water. I have OA turned off because of this (and to get better speed).
...After firmware update- do I need to change any settings that could have changed by default?...
After any firmware/ software update you should check your settings. Some updates have changed settings back to the defaults in the past.

Last edited:

Ok- I’m going back to original props, check settings and take her back out again.
Thank you
Now get some sleep
Mike

Got new props (stock originals) and still seems very sluggish. Anyway it can be in tripod mode? Or any other reason to make it like this? Gonna go out to beach where I can thoroughly test.
Settings are the same as always.
New firmware?

Thanks
Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy