DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating Homepoint

FlashGJ

Reactions
Was unable to update my homepoint to the current position of controller during my last two flights. Swiped left on the screen and selected controller, but got a message stating it was unable to set, If I select the Mavic it successfully updates. Using an iPhone 7, so it has built in GPS. Not sure why it would not update to my current position. Any ideas or things I should try?

Were you in the open ....or possibly in a position where something might be blocking the GPS signal to the phone?

Were you in the open ....or possibly in a position where something might be blocking the GPS signal to the phone?
Two different locations and both were in the open, one was actually at a park that is on top of a hill. I did not think to go to Apple maps and see if the app was correctly showing my current position. Weather is bad for the next few days but next time I fly, if it does it again, I will check apple maps and see if iPhone is correctly locating me.

I've had exactly the same issue, even with perfect GPS signal on phone and drone the app will not allow there home point to be updated to my new position. I'm thinking it's a bug...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've had exactly the same issue, even with perfect GPS signal on phone and drone the app will not allow there home point to be updated to my new position. I'm thinking it's a bug...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
May be a bug, I can never seem to change homepoint to current position of controller. Can others using an iPhone able to do this?

Has anyone figured this out?

I'm having the same issues as well. Very frustrating as I'd love to have this feature back. I've tried updating home point on a number of occasions over the past few weeks without success. I can say that it did use to work when I first got it 2/18/2017. Now it will only let me update home point for the Mavic's location. The error is something like, "Home Point can not be set due to weak GPS signal". It isn't a firmware update issue as it used to work on the .400 and also didn't work on the same version. Perhaps another app running in the background is not letting the DJI Go 4 app access the GPS? Is that possible? I do have the Litchi app.

iPhone 7 Plus / Mavic with .400 and .500 DJI firmware.

Have tried to recalibrate the compass when you change sites ?

Have tried to recalibrate the compass when you change sites ?
I usually calibrate the compass but several times lately the calibration failed and I wouldn't bother to do it again but rather just start flying. Can you explain why the compass calibration (especially that on the quad) would be pertinent to re-setting home point to the controller's position?

I usually calibrate the compass but several times lately the calibration failed and I wouldn't bother to do it again but rather just start flying. Can you explain why the compass calibration (especially that on the quad) would be pertinent to re-setting home point to the controller's position?
Recalibrating the compass on the MP will do absolutely nothing, it is an issue with the compass and modem on the iPhone 7s. Every iPhone 7 that I know of that has the Intel modem has an issue of "weak GPS signal" when trying to use Follow Me or Set home point to controller. The Intel modem is used in AT&T iPhone 7s, and since some that are being used in other countries are having this same issue, I suspect the Intel modem is being used on other foreign networks also. Of course this is just conjecture, since there is no way that I know of to verify the brand of modem used in other countries.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+