DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USA

There are still 'new old stock' units available but who wants a drone released in early 2015 with limited parts available?
No doubt. I suppose the same can be said for Autel too since they haven't released a new drone for ~2 years.

No doubt. I suppose the same can be said for Autel too since they haven't released a new drone for ~2 years.
Actually, the X-Star series was released in April of 2016, so it has been about 1.5 years. They also did not have serious issues like the Solo. They most certainly slowed their progress but they do have promising products coming to market... very slowly :rolleyes:. The new firmware has certainly improved it immensely. I think one of the biggest benefits of owning an Autel is their US based customer service that answers the phone 7 days a week and the excellent service they provide.
I do like the X-Star but DJI is the king and will be until someone can topple them.

I do like the X-Star but DJI is the king and will be until someone can topple them.
The quality of the X-Star components is very good (perhaps even better than what DJI is producing). They have a long way to go technology-wise though.

Actually, the X-Star series was released in April of 2016, so it has been about 1.5 years. They also did not have serious issues like the Solo. They most certainly slowed their progress but they do have promising products coming to market... very slowly :rolleyes:. The new firmware has certainly improved it immensely. I think one of the biggest benefits of owning an Autel is their US based customer service that answers the phone 7 days a week and the excellent service they provide.

Yeah they certainly act and feel like a USA company! I’ve seen their place before.

It’s a dated drone at this point.

What About PowerVision? They got some weird and cool stuff working!

I predict Apple will bring a drone to market st some point.

They will only allow DJI to ride their coat tails for so long before they see their missing out on a multi million dollar opportunity!

Drones have to be highly maneuverable - Americans have been making cars for over 100 years and are still struggling to make cars that go round corners well so good drone tech is probably still well out of reach....:p
Yes, the Reaper and Predator shows how backward the USA is In drone technology. So backwards, in fact, that the British MoD uses American drones.

giphy.gif

Yes, the Reaper and Predator shows how backward the USA is In drone technology. So backwards, in fact, that the British MoD uses American drones.

WOW, as a British tax payer I really hope the MoD set up good warranty and refund terms........... I wonder how many ''my drone fell out of the sky'' posts they have on their internal forums? :eek:

''More than 400 US military drones have crashed around the world in the past 13 years................''

More than 400 US military drones crashed in past 13 years, report says

More Air Force drones are crashing than ever as mysterious new problems emerge

US Predator drone crashes in Turkey

U.S. Drone Crashed in California Once Was Considered for Nuclear Power

US military drone goes AWOL, ends up crashing into tree 623 miles away

If i could buy a decent drone that wasn't Chinese i would, as i do with most others things in own. Made my mind up some time ago, the world will be a worse place as China gains more power and influence.

WOW, as a British tax payer I really hope the MoD set up good warranty and refund terms........... I wonder how many ''my drone fell out of the sky'' posts they have on their internal forums? :eek:

''More than 400 US military drones have crashed around the world in the past 13 years................''

As a “Ex” British Tax payer... #GoGeorgeWashington! I can say 400 isn’t that bad of a number...

It’s surprising someone here or in the UK even hasn’t built the best drone ever. Regardless of the cost it would sell!

Reactions: Atko

Not a bad number considering tens of thousands of combat sorties flown for more than a decade, mostly in active theatres of war. Just ask the terrorists who have been obliterated by drone-fired Hellfire missiles their opinion (if you could).
No country on earth has better combat drones than the US, which we happily share with our closest ally, the United Kingdom. When the “cluster drone” technology is finished, I am sure we will share that with you as well.

Reactions: Atko and NinjaNut
Not a bad number considering tens of thousands of combat sorties flown for more than a decade, mostly in active theatres of war. Just ask the terrorists who have been obliterated by drone-fired Hellfire missiles their opinion (if you could).
No country on earth has better combat drones than the US, which we happily share with our closest ally, the United Kingdom. When the “cluster drone” technology is finished, I am sure we will share that with you as well.

That’s really great, we’ll look forward to that. Hopefully by the time it’s finished you’ll have found a way to keep it in the air.

Vantage Robotics Snap is a good one. It has the potential to be a good alternative once all the features are activated.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190