DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using drone photos to sell home

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it conflicts with part 107 being used for all sUAS flights.

I can use a regular camera without needing yet another license to use it even if I'm using it commercially to sell a home. Now maybe I can't get that great roof shot with it, unless I take a possible liability in getting it, which makes the drone suitable for that purpose. But being only 20 feet up to get the shot is not going to poke much of a hole in the NAS, other than the verbage about the airspace above the property, anything above the blades of grass.

It's not the camera - it's the purpose of the flight. Just like you can't go joyriding in a Cessna and argue that you shouldn't need a pilot license because you are just taking photos.
And the commercial application is determined by yet another government agency to which I would be enlisted, most likely, and not the FAA per se. The FAA doesn't determine the commercial use, but rather a business license or some other paperwork entitled from another relevant agency.

You still don't understand. The FAA requires that you have a Part 107 to operate a drone - unless you fall into the special exception carved out by Congress to protect the model aircraft community. That exception requires your flights to be entirely recreational.

For the life of me I can’t figure out why a question can be asked..then answered with out it turning into a debate that
most of us have read many times.
That is not going to happen in this one.
@lookout start a thread on this matter and sar can converse
with you but pretty much know now you won’t win.
OP’s question was answered and this thread is closed .

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev