DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using large tablet with Mavic

Golfnut

Reactions
I've seen lots of videos showing the Mavic with iPad Minis and other 8" tablets. However, I have a 10.5" Galaxy S which is a fantastic tablet with wonderful outdoor viewing capability. I see numerous holders from China and elsewhere that will accommodate a large tablet. I am particularly interested in one that will mount the tablet below the controller as it won't cover up the controller display and will be supported by your arms as you hold the controller in the operating position. Does anyone have any experience using a larger tablet with the Mavic controller?

I've seen lots of videos showing the Mavic with iPad Minis and other 8" tablets. However, I have a 10.5" Galaxy S which is a fantastic tablet with wonderful outdoor viewing capability. I see numerous holders from China and elsewhere that will accommodate a large tablet. I am particularly interested in one that will mount the tablet below the controller as it won't cover up the controller display and will be supported by your arms as you hold the controller in the operating position. Does anyone have any experience using a larger tablet with the Mavic controller?

We offer a few different designs to hold tablets. They are reversible as you can have it below (this is nice because the weight of the tablet rest on your arms) or flip it around and have it above. Here are a few pictures of the different designs. If you like them you can these & other items for your mavic pro here:

Dynamic 3D Solutions

20161030_195729.jpg20161203_185500.jpg
20161203_182828.jpg 20161203_182918.jpg20161130_231544.jpg Note: both units requires a DJI mobile device holder.

I do have some all in one kits for sale that include a new DJI Mobile device holder. (while supply's last)

You can find this and other items for the Mavic pro here:
Dynamic 3D Solutions

5a933f_39c5dbb876e3493fb6a931e39e2aed03.jpg

Thanks for looking
Have fun & Fly safe!
Dynamic3dsolutions.

Dynamic 3D Solutions

Attachments

• 20161203_174632.jpg
    20161203_174632.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 79
We offer a few different designs to hold tablets. They are reversible as you can have it below (this is nice because the weight of the tablet rest on your arms) or flip it around and have it above. Here are a few pictures of the different designs. If you like them you can these & other items for your mavic pro here:

Dynamic 3D Solutions

View attachment 1971View attachment 1974
View attachment 1972 View attachment 1973View attachment 1975 Note: both units requires a DJI mobile device holder.

I do have some all in one kits for sale that include a new DJI Mobile device holder. (while supply's last)

You can find this and other items for the Mavic pro here:
Dynamic 3D Solutions

5a933f_39c5dbb876e3493fb6a931e39e2aed03.jpg

Thanks for looking
Have fun & Fly safe!
Dynamic3dsolutions.

Dynamic 3D Solutions

I thought this was a phantom 3 holder but I checked the dji site and this holder only expands to 5.5" (not big enough for a tablet). What holder are you using???

I thought this was a phantom 3 holder but I checked the dji site and this holder only expands to 5.5" (not big enough for a tablet). What holder are you using???
The standard DJI P4/Inspire device holder (same as P3 but the arm is metal so stronger) will hold up to and including a iPad Air2, which is 9.7". It opens to 6.5" vertical. I use mine with the Air2 all the time.

This my tablet holder off my phantom 3 controller. My Ipad 2 just fits with it fully extended however we do offer extension clips (top & bottom) that slide over the ends and can accommodate up to 10 inch tablets with up to 5/8 thick cases on the tablets.

20161213_203832.jpg 20161213_203957.jpg 20161213_204031.jpg

Reactions: F6Rider
While I respect what these builders are doing and appreciate the ingenuity of their production, I dont understand why people dont just use velcro to attach the tablet to the arms of the remote.

Seems very simple to me

Reactions: halley
While I respect what these builders are doing and appreciate the ingenuity of their production, I dont understand why people dont just use velcro to attach the tablet to the arms of the remote.

It seems like a perfectly good solution, similar to using the "Z Clips" for the Shield tablet. I am a big velcro fan. However, velcro has some downsides: (1) there is not a lot of room for velcro to be added to the folding arms of the Mavic controller, so you have limited bite on the back of the larger tablet; (2) the adhesives on most velcro or similar fasteners tends to get gooey and unsecure in the hot summer / automotive application; (3) the adhesives would have to bond to to the curved rubbery handgrip material, not a hard ABS plastic, so it's even less a good fit.

Reactions: Mavikhan

Attachments

• 20161214_101549.jpg
    20161214_101549.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I went with the readyaction office for using the mavic with an ipad pro 9.7. No straps in the way. easily adjustable tilt of the ipad. no added weight to the controller. Dave the owner is also cool to deal with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke