DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Value: used Mavic 2 Pro vs new Mavic Air 2

babysupra112

Reactions
Hi all,

A newbie, but I am intrigued by the MA2 and the M2P.

a brand new M2P is almost twice the cost of a brand new MA2, so then, I am curious, a new MA2 plus tax vs a used M2P (i know the used M2P is still more expensive), which one is a better over-all value?

currently MA2 sub-forum seems to be more active than the M2P sub-forum, so I am posting this question here. Mods welcome to move my thread if necessary, thanks.

Reactions: Claudiob
Value may be a bit subjective, as $100 to me may be more significant than you....

If you want the best picture without doubt, then M2P is still a better choice. But, consider the used age of the battery. If it has gone for too many charge discharge cycles (I heard some anecdotal data saying 60-70 is the bulging limit) then of course factor in the price of a new battery pack for the M2P package.

For me, I absolutely can't justify spending more than US1k for another drone. When actually I was already fine with the Mavic Air 1 pictures.

Hi all,

A newbie, but I am intrigued by the MA2 and the M2P.

a brand new M2P is almost twice the cost of a brand new MA2, so then, I am curious, a new MA2 plus tax vs a used M2P (i know the used M2P is still more expensive), which one is a better over-all value?

currently MA2 sub-forum seems to be more active than the M2P sub-forum, so I am posting this question here. Mods welcome to move my thread if necessary, thanks.

I too been on the fence over the same. M2P with it’s ability to use Dji goggle, the big 1” sensor, it’s obstacle sensors and just its size. The screened remote, it’s HDMI output from the remote and multiple customizable buttons, etc, etc.

But then the MA2 has all updated abilities, in a slimmer version yet more flight time, newer remote (on the fence as it’s a bit top heavy) but offers to charge the phone, 4K/60fps at 120 Mbps! It reads and specs out very cool. Yes it’s a tough choice.

Here’s how I deal with, get the MA2 now, gain experience and then in 2 years buy a used Mavic 3 Pro!

Reactions: babysupra112
If image quality matters and you want the professional features them M2P is the one to go for. FYI I have batteries with over 120 cycles and no bulging

OK, so two weeks since my original post, and I've been doing a lot of reading during this time, and below will be my latest thoughts.

Some background about myself, I am a drone newbie, but I am a wedding and portrait photographer with a Nikon setup (for those that may be interested in my DSLR setup: D850x2 with grips, Tamron G2 24-70 and 70-200, Sigma Art 14mm, 35mm, 50mm my favorite, and 85mm, and too many external flashes)

so far, from what i've read in the past 2 weeks, the M2P to me will be like my DSLR setup, they are my tools, they put food on my table, but I don't always take/have them with me. My iphone "snapshots" do not always satisfy the inner pixel peeping nerd in me, but the friends and family I share my "snapshots" with are pretty impressed and happy with them.

Of course my analogy could be totally wrong, because taking a drone with you, unless it is a Mavic Mini, there really is no DSLR vs Iphone analogy, a drone is a drone is a drone... be it M2P or MA2, you gotta unfold, attach phone/tablet, power both up, and wait for GPS, etc.

BUT it does seem like the MA2 is more newbie friendly with more features, but that 1inch sensor on M2P though...!

Don't worry, soon enough you'll have both of them anyway, its a horribly expensive and addictive hobby :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun