DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

vertical limit dji mavic pro 2

Good way to describe it @Camino Ken ... Another helpful way to visualise this, is to say that when two vertical antenna sets are horizontally apart, but at the same altitude (i.e. on the same plane), then they are like a 'line' looking at a 'line' ... However, when the two vertical antenna sets are vertically separated one above the other, then they are a 'point' looking at a 'point'. The more 'length' of the antenna that is 'across' (as opposed to in-line-with) the RF radiation, the better the signal reception will be.
[actually - I don't know if that is more helpful!! o_O ]
. <~~> .
Or
| <~~> |

That is the question.

Reactions: altaic
. <~~> .
Or
| <~~> |

That is the question.

Those are equivalent. What you want to avoid is — <~~> — or — <~~> |

Edit: The bird’s antennas are |, so one above the other is — <~~> — rotated 90 degrees or | <~~> — depending on the orientation of the controller’s antennas’ orientation. Either way, not great.

Last edited:
Reactions: addohm
Those are equivalent. What you want to avoid is — <~~> — or — <~~> |

Edit: The bird’s antennas are |, so one above the other is — <~~> — rotated 90 degrees or | <~~> — depending on the orientation of the controller’s antennas’ orientation. Either way, not great.

Haha I was trying to figure out if it was some adult reference but couldn’t figure it out lol

Internationally the language used for Civil Aviation is English (even the Americans make a passable attempt at it :) )
Seriosuly you will get a better responce if you use English.
This is a normal thread. You are not forced to write English. What you are proposing is just showing a little nationalisme.
Moi, j'aime la France!

Here’s a pic from my Spark. Taken in an area out of traffic pattern in a mountain preserve and not routine... just did it to find out

This is a normal thread. You are not forced to write English. What you are proposing is just showing a little nationalisme.
Moi, j'aime la France!

This is an international forum on aviation.
English is the Language for Aviation (and science and computing).
Nationalism is using a differnt language.

BTW Re using English Which nationalisum were you refering to? The following use English as their official language
Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Botswana, Brundi, Cameroon, Canada, Cook Islands, Dominica, Swaziland, Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, KIreland, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papa New Guinea, Philiapines, Rwanda, St Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, St Vincent, Samoa, Seychelles, Serra Leaon, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Sudan. sudan, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vanuata, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Incidentally for native speakers Chinese is the most widely used 1st language followed by Spanish and then English. French does not make the top 10
However for most widely spoken language English is 1st above Chinese with Hindi third. French is below Spanish with less than 1/4 of the english speakers.

Welsh does't get listed but it is about 500,000 speakers!

I work across multiple countries and find that English is the lingua franca even in France.

Last edited:

BTW Re using English Which nationalisum were you refering to? The following use English as their official language
Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Botswana, Brundi, Cameroon, Canada, Cook Islands, Dominica, Swaziland, Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, KIreland, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papa New Guinea, Philiapines, Rwanda, St Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, St Vincent, Samoa, Seychelles, Serra Leaon, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Sudan. sudan, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vanuata, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Incidentally for native speakers Chinese is the most widely used 1st language followed by Spanish and then English. French does not make the top 10
However for most widely spoken language English is 1st above Chinese with Hindi third. French is below Spanish with less than 1/4 of the english speakers.

I work across multiple countries and find that English is the lingua franca even in France.
Or - you could just refer to 'Posting Standards' - paragraph 3 ... Community Guidelines

This is an international forum on DJI Drones and not on aviation. Sorry to contredict you. Yes, the forum rules say the official language is English unless you can express yourself and what you want to say in English. But to answer someone who is making a remark on French only shows me that he could not express himself in English. You are asking me to which nationalisme I refer? Tamworth, UK. I could contredict you even farther because you seem to like to shave a lot over a comb. Otherwise f.e. you would know that there is no one chinese language but at least nine. And the most spoken, the Mandarin, is named in Europe the "chinese language". Tell this a Chinese of some provinces...
I lived in France some years and you make me laugh in saying English is the lingua franca even in France. It is so ridiculous like saying you have a good stand in Korea speaking only English or on a German countryside... (I hope you know Latin to know the meaning of lingua franca). Lingua franca means only that both (different) sides have a language to communicate to trade but believe me you will fail in real personal communication...
Sorry, in my eyes you only showed a lack of tolerance....

Last edited:
I suspect that the 500m limit was done as part of the 'idiot baboon' theory of engineering where DJI is attempting to prevent breaking the law - and making itself liable in the process - by users who would abuse legal altitude limits. I suspect that sometime in the future they'll have lateral lockouts which prevent operation in controlled airspace without an ATC PIN number or something.

Last edited:
en France suivant on est Limite à 150 m (ailleurs) et ailleurs à 100 m ou 50 m suivant zones
IL est aussi Interdit de VOLER Au dessus des villes villages et d'habitations privées. Pour des raisons de sécurité et de vie privée, cela me semble raisonnable.
Mais à force de faire n'importe quoi (même si les cas sont peu nombreux) la législation se durcira.

Ce n’est pas interdit de voler au dessus d’habitation privées. C’est interdit de photographier ou filmer. Ce n’est pas la même chose

Reactions: JanB
Did someone try to break 500m limit? I'm planning a travel to mountains and desired rim will be in 800m above from my starting point. I see a lot tutorials applicable for Mavic 1. But I see no tutorials for M2P. I checked the Assistant and it looks like its parameters to break down the limit are similar to Mavic 1. Didn't try to change them yet.

Did someone try to break 500m limit? I'm planning a travel to mountains and desired rim will be in 800m above from my starting point. I see a lot tutorials applicable for Mavic 1. But I see no tutorials for M2P. I checked the Assistant and it looks like its parameters to break down the limit are similar to Mavic 1. Didn't try to change them yet.

There are two things here.
1 Height above ground level which is normally discussed here as there are usually legal restrictions in how high you can fly.

2 The height above sea level. This usually matters a lot less as in most parts of the world consumer drones are restricted to about 4-500 feet. However you said *mountains* multi rotor drones, like helicopters have a max operating ceiling. There are several videos on YT showing various DJI drones going up from sea level to see how far they could get. I seem to remember some of M2P's at about 8,000 feet. / 2439m

So if you are standing at 7,900 feet/ 2408m above sea level when you want to launch you will lucky to get the M2P to get to 100feet/30m above gound level.

There are two things here.
1 Height above ground level which is normally discussed here as there are usually legal restrictions in how high you can fly.

2 The height above sea level. This usually matters a lot less as in most parts of the world consumer drones are restricted to about 4-500 feet. However you said *mountains* multi rotor drones, like helicopters have a max operating ceiling. There are several videos on YT showing various DJI drones going up from sea level to see how far they could get. I seem to remember some of M2P's at about 8,000 feet. / 2439m

So if you are standing at 7,900 feet/ 2408m above sea level when you want to launch you will lucky to get the M2P to get to 100feet/30m above gound level.
Most likely I've missed something. Our country's legal rules are accepted a while but they aren't working here. Also, as far as I know there is no helicopter in the place where I'm going to visit to. My question was simple (it excludes law regulations, sea level etc.). Right now I'm talking about ground level (if I'm correct). So while I'm launching the drone it shows 0m minimum and 500m maximum altitude. Only I want to achieve is fly above 500m. Sorry if I lost some understanding of the thread.

Most likely I've missed something. Our country's legal rules are accepted a while but they aren't working here. Also, as far as I know there is no helicopter in the place where I'm going to visit to. My question was simple (it excludes law regulations, sea level etc.). Right now I'm talking about ground level (if I'm correct). So while I'm launching the drone it shows 0m minimum and 500m maximum altitude. Only I want to achieve is fly above 500m. Sorry if I lost some understanding of the thread.

There is a maximum height above sea level that the drone can physically fly. This is physics to do with rotors and the air.
That maximum ceiling for an M2P is about 8,000 feet/ 2439m above sea level (according to videos on youtube)

Therefore if your ground level is above 8000 feet/ 2439m the drone will not even take off.

IF you want to fly 800m above your launch point you will need to be launching from a ground level that is less than 1600m above sea level.

Reactions: Kola
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green