DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointed in Mavic Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do a little research before spending $1500! An IPad for $300 is a good investment for a much larger display. Stop whining, you make Canucks look bad!

But a $1 USB cable is cheaper and gets him flying immediately.

(or a $100 android tablet with a bigger screen if you want to go that route).

Im amazed he didnt moan that DJI dont supply a device as well.

You should be disappointed with your phone’s manufacturer... Seriously dude, if you’re so unhappy with it just return it, someone else will appreciate this amazing piece of engineering for you. Or just use the USB port which was placed on the controller for phone users like you and don’t create threads like this scaring away potential new drone users.

Hello guys.
I just bought mavic pro fly more combo here in Toronto Canada.
I was so excited to start making videos, but once i assembled it i realize that i cannot connect my Phone Asus Zenfone 4 Max because it USB port is reversed and the cable is so short that no way to twist it and still have enough length. This is not the only phone that has USB port like that.
I am very disappointed spending $1500 canadian (on sale) and now what? Buy another phone just to fly my drone??? DJI could've think of that espevially for their very expensive product!
The wire that I need is nowhere to be found and even if there is, i do not see why do i have to spend more time amd money now since I already spent so much money!
My next drone I will get not DJI. I am very mad!

TRY A LITTLE DUE DILIGENCE

I sympathise, had the same problems with my Shield K1, bought three cables before I got the right one. One of the other guys pointed out that the RC micro USB is not standard, it's unique to DJI. However, go on line and get one from Anbee, 208mm long with reverse connection, should solve your problem for only a few dollars more!

Wait until you find out you can’t really see the phone screen on bright sunny day and that you have to upgrade to an iPad mini. It’s worth every penny. The MPP is incredible. I love it.
F@#k Ipad Mini... buy a Lenovo HD Tablet from Amazon $210,,... Much better screen in Daylight, and Uses the USB3 connection.

I am planing to be on forum not just to complain. I will use USB on the bottom and start making videos soon.
However it is still not fair that such expensive drone does not match all phones. My phone is not the only model that has reversed port.
And i need another $20 to buy and ship reversed cable to Canada.
Your moan should be about your phone NOT the mavic, oh and change your user name to match your aspirations not your limited experience - just a thought

Unhappy for such a simple story? Then you are ready for plenty of complaints... You will see when your Android phone will disconnect in the middle of a flight, with you surely not in VLOS and not knowing how to direct it properly!
I went through it the first month I had my first MP and that's not a pleasant feeling. I bought later a Mini IPad and that's a breeze, never had a single disconnection. Yes, I have a short white cable neatly rolled up and tightened under the IPad, connected to the USB port of the RC, but who cares? Good luck...

No, other side of phone charger will not connect into remote. It is a special connection by dji only. Not regular usb.
That is not true. Both ports on the MP controller are standard USB ports. The one on the side looks a little different because it is square but it is a standard micro USB. Trust me, I have done it.

One of the other guys pointed out that the RC micro USB is not standard, it's unique to DJI

No it's not. It's micro USB. Its as standard as it gets!
Hell if the guy couldnt be bothered to go to a shop he could just use his charging cable to connect.

Hey guys, lighten up a bit on the Unhappy Pilot. You would be unhappy too, if you couldn't figure out how to get it up.

Just kidding U P. Always remember, life is just a series of challenges to be met and overcome. The fun happens once you overcome some of them. The other members have given you some good advice on solving your problem. Go forth and conquer.

Reactions: Underdog1964
I bought a new mobile phone - not the best or expensive model - just for using together with the drone. So it won't be mixed up with other applications or daily communications. Usually you buy something, you will also have to buy some accessories. My next one is going to be a foldable landing pad for the drone...:)

Lots of problems...oh my god...
Problems will start there when you will going backwards into a tree and you will open a new topic because your drone is **** as it doesn't have a sensor on the back...
Anyway is it really painful to buy a cable after you spent more than a 1000 bucks? I don't think so...

My friend, this hobby is not for you!
If you are frustrated by a cable, just wait until you start flying.
It's a huge learning curve to master this remarkable, very capable machine

Nicely done sir! I cracked the screen on my phone because it won't fit in the controller with my Otter Box. It was totally my fault. :) I dropped it in the driveway with the case off. I should have put it back in the case as soon as I took it out of the controller. I will however, find a solution where I can just keep it in the case. My brother proof parts with 3D printing and I may have to enlist his help or get something off the shelf.
If you get a Torx T-4 screwdriver, you can remove the rubber inserts from the controller and widen the area for the Otterbox. I've got a Galaxy S9+. I took it out of its case and dropped it while trying to put it into the controller. It hit the gravel just outside the protective glass screen cover. It's got a few cracks at the bottom of the screen. You have to take out both inserts on one handle at the same time, due to the way they are shaped, but you can put back just one if that's what fits. That's what worked for me. Good Luck.

I am planing to be on forum not just to complain. I will use USB on the bottom and start making videos soon.
However it is still not fair that such expensive drone does not match all phones. My phone is not the only model that has reversed port.
And i need another $20 to buy and ship reversed cable to Canada.
Oh boo hoo hoo......................It's not Fair that such an expensive drone does not match all CHEAP PHONES...........

Wait until you find out you can’t really see the phone screen on bright sunny day and that you have to upgrade to an iPad mini. It’s worth every penny. The MPP is incredible. I love it.
Boy, ain't that the truth!!
I am not an Apple lover so, was I ever torqued over needing to buy an Ipad mini.....but, I soon got over it. The Ipad mini is just the final part for the price of admission...
Bite the bullet, buy the mini and enjoy flying and filming.
As someone noted a while back...if you read the back of the box that your MavPro came in, you will see that DJI designed the Mav to work 'correctly'....with Apple software and hardware.
Whatever you do, don't give up and don't sell it.....Master it, fly it, enjoy it!!

Reactions: BigBoozer
Oh boo hoo hoo......................It's not Fair that such an expensive drone does not match all CHEAP PHONES...........
You are "fair" in your observations...however ASUS makes great phones and computers.....they just don't use Apple IOS. Iphones are 'zoot & cute' but, as phones and personal mobile computers, they are crazy overpriced. But, stylin' cost $

Want the moon on a stick too? They provide you with a USB cable that works for most people. If you want to use a non standard setup you can spend $1 on another cable.

DJI are unable to provide 300 different cables of different lengths in the mavic package to satisfy all people.

This may amazing you but most shops, airports and pretty much everywhere sell USB cables.

I am sure that if you look, while you are on vacation, that you will find the needed cable. Mav can be flown without a phone in beginner (default) mode. That is a good way to learn the 'sticks' and how to video and take pictures. If you have a laptop of other portable computer (including your phone) that takes SD or SD-micro memory cards.....you can enjoy your Mav and take vids & pix....and watch them in the evening after dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope