DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very minor crash - diagnostics

JamesMG

Reactions
Good afternoon,
I just purchased a MavicPro yesterday. Unfortunately, I made a newbie error. I got too close to a tree and the propellers clipped some of the very small (pencil thin) branches. The drone spun around a bit but then righted itself and I was able to land safely.

There doesn't appear to be any significant damage, just a couple of surface scratches/scuffs on a couple props and then one VERY small chip out of a propeller (by "VERY small" I mean about 1/16 of an inch long and about 1/32 wide and 1/64 deep). :)

Here are the questions:
1) Guessing the drone itself is fine (flew fine after), but anything I should be checking or diagnostics I should be running?
2) Should I replace the propeller with the tiny chip? (I assume the ones with the surface scratches are ok - they aren't rough or anything).

Thank you!

Replace all props that may look like they've had damage. Even if it's just a small scratch. Probably the cheapest part to replace so better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Callum
Yes, Yes, Yes and next time you take off, bring it down to eye level, let it hover and make sure it is stable. do some short test flights before you stretch your wings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty