DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video and Photo Saturation

Pl8er

Reactions
DJI_0005.JPG Hi everyone! I've been reading this forum for some time, but this is my first post. I have a Phantom 3 standard and the Mavic Pro. With my Phantom, I've been able to dial in my photos and take relatively good quality photos.

With the Mavic, no matter what I attempt. For color I have used both D-Cinelike however the photo I am about to share was Normal(None). I set my white balance to the appropriate settings based on the outside conditions. No matter the setting for white balance (AWB/Sunny/Cloudy) I get the same result. For fine tuning (style) I have it set to -1 -1 0.

So to kill the words

D-Cinelike
Normal
Sunny
-1,-1,0

So the problem I face is all of the foliage comes out, crunchy??. The bushes look solid and the trees look completely wrong. Any ideas what I am doing incorrectly or what settings I can look at to fix this?

Another example. If you look at the right side of the photo especially, there should be more to the surrounding plants, but they look all blobbed together. DJI_0066.JPG

I hear ND Filters really fix these issues. Someone may have a better suggestion though.
Thanks for such a FAST reply! I do have filters in the mail, and perhaps that is all it comes down to (which would be terrific). I just want to make certain I don't have something running in the settings that I shouldn't.

Thanks for such a FAST reply! I do have filters in the mail, and perhaps that is all it comes down to (which would be terrific). I just want to make certain I don't have something running in the settings that I shouldn't.

ND Filters will not help you for photography. You can get decent images by saving in RAW format instead of JPG.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I've reset all of the camera settings and went back to only adjusting the style to -1, -1, 0 I'll give that a go tomorrow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapmaker1979