Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Issues Jello, Aliasing & Lag

QuadKid

Reactions
Hey all, just went out and flew my new Mavic,
Info:
Samsung Tab A Tablet, 5.1 OS Lollipop
Camera Settings: 4K, everything in Auto, Over exposure Off, ISO 100, shutter speed to auto.

1. Getting a lot of jello, aliasing on sharp edges ( curbs and roadways, White line in roads ect...)
2. Big time video lag when moving camera up/down

Any help greatly appreciated !

Last edited:
Have you uploaded the video off the SD card, or have you uploaded the cached video from Go 4?

To be honest, I don't think the specifications of that tablet will do DJI Go 4 justice. Just do a search on this forum for Tab A - and you will see a lot of people with problems.

The jello effect is a fault with the camera stability I think and should not be affected by the remote device (in fact the remote device should have no effect on the recording on the SD card as this is direct between the Mavic and the SD).

The other stuff, lag when moving camera, that well is most likely the slower processing power of the TabA.

First thing I would try on the jello side of things would be camera, compass and IMU calibrations just to be sure

Reactions: QuadKid
If you video in 4K but watch the result on any device with a screen that's less than 4K resolution then you're relying on that device to anti-alias what you see, whether it's good at performing real-time resolution reduction and anti-aliasing or not and the results will vary wildly. For instance the default Windows video player is extremely poor.

To judge your footage correctly you really need a high-end playback system with a 4K or more monitor.

The big issue here is that manufactures are selling 4K as some kind of magic bullet when the reality is most users don't need 4K.

For instance, I have a 3 month old 27" 5k screen iMac and 4K looks spectacular but I seldom film in 4K, I film usually in 2.7k and final output in 1080 cause most viewers are actually looking at my output typically at 720 on YT or Vimeo

Here is short sample shot with my Mavic filming at 2.7k and rendered out to YouTube at 1440. Try watching it at whatever the highest setting your device and data connection will allow, try 1024 or even 720 it looks good

I am using a i7700 Ibuypower BB930 Gaming computer, intel 4 core processor 3.80Ghz ( 8 thread processing stream), 1TB Internal HD, 1TB External Hard Drive, 32GB RAM, 128MB SSD, 32" 4K Monitor.

Actually found the problem to be the Mavic, after many hours of research, had to do 3 things in sequence:
1. Re-calibrate IMU's
2. Re-Calibrate Gimbal
3. Re-Calibrate Compass ( even though it showed normal in the App)

Flew this morning testing all camera settings (Auto & Manual, all resolutions)
2 batteries, no jello, shiver, aliasing, all looked good, hopefully it stays that way!

Thanks for all your input & guidance.

Reactions: SeaComms
The jello effect is a fault with the camera stability I think and should not be affected by the remote device (in fact the remote device should have no effect on the recording on the SD card as this is direct between the Mavic and the SD).

The other stuff, lag when moving camera, that well is most likely the slower processing power of the TabA.

First thing I would try on the jello side of things would be camera, compass and IMU calibrations just to be sure

You hit it right on, Thanks

Reactions: SeaComms
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM