DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video of my gimble randomly freaking out in flight and stopping recording.

DragonPhly

Reactions
So this has happened a few times now. I'll be flying and then suddenly my gimble starts freaking out and my recording stops. I'm not sure if I have control but I put it in return to home and it comes back. Has anyone else had this problem?

One of my Mavic did the same thing....about three flights I decided enough was enough and sent it back in (Refresh). It's been 4 weeks and I'm supposed to get it back Thursday.....hopefully it's fixed.

But when this happens, your first instinct is the Mavic is crashing....it gives you the feeling it is falling....then it comes back on but the recording has stopped....same for you?

One of my Mavic did the same thing....about three flights I decided enough was enough and sent it back in (Refresh). It's been 4 weeks and I'm supposed to get it back Thursday.....hopefully it's fixed.

But when this happens, your first instinct is the Mavic is crashing....it gives you the feeling it is falling....then it comes back on but the recording has stopped....same for you?

Yeah same, I'm wondering if having AFC mode on has anything to do with it or maybe it's the card I'm using which is a super fast 64gb card.

Mine was doing that a lot so I turned off cache and formated the SD card before each flight and it has stopped since.

Did a lot of tests and documented what I could see on the other thread. In the end it was pretty non-conclusive - sometimes work, sometimes didn't. Didnt matter about the SD card or settings were involved. Quite random and frustrating.

Man I would hate not being able to use Cache

If your worried about reviewing Video or pictures, you can use the Play Button in Dji go app to review and/or delete the files directly on the sd card.

Sorry if this comes across arrogantly, as it is meant as an honest question: why do the original poster and so many other people spell "gimbal" as "gimble"? The spelling is very different, and they mean very different things (gimble is a verb meaning grimace). Yet it seems like half the time people spell gimbal as gimble. Is it just because they're both pronounced the same?

I have been having the same issue with the gimbal. I have read numerous suggestions online I have tried some and so far the last 5 flights I've had no problems, whereas before the gimbal would tumble and stop recording 2-3 times per flight.

I used the dji assistant app and downloaded and reinstalled the latest firmware.
Then I calibrated the cameras using the app. I did have to get a longer cord as the one that came with the Mavic was not long enough to do the second calibration of the front cameras.
Then calibrated the gimbal, the gimbal calibration failed twice but on the third calibration it was successful.

After that it seems to be working...fingers crossed.

I had the same issue today. Scared the **** out of me! I thought it was tumbling out of the sky over some buildings.

Had this happen few times. It is annoying when you're doing a shot and the gimbal reset ruins it and you have to go around.

I had the same issue today. Scared the **** out of me! I thought it was tumbling out of the sky over some buildings.

Had this happen to my brand new MP a week ago, I was also getting frequent vibration, so returned for replacement. But I was on my maiden voyage about 100m out over the forest when it happened, scared wasn’t the word, eyes went straight to RC data watchin altitude until my video feed came back! Not fun

As far as I'm aware, there is no fix for this. I had it on one MP back in September. Tried loads of things but nothing helped. Tried a couple of different FWs too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szost557