DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video question

ooberwoot

Reactions
I may have already corrected the problem but I'm not sure yet as I haven't had good weather to fly.

I just got a Mavic yesterday, and when I fly, the video ended itself 2 times during flight. Didn't think anything of it until I tried to put together a project in FCP. When exporting, it failed a number of times. I found "dead" frames in the project, cut them out and all was well.

Question is basically this. I just bought a new sd card for it, formatted it, and I'm going to fly again when weather clears. Does this sound like a bad card issue, or possible a write issue with the mavic?

A new SD card would be a good starting point for testing. It will probably fix the issue. Just be sure to format it using the Mavic, and not your computer.

Kevin

So the new sd card with formatting on the MP was a no go. My p3 shoots video just fine. I may have to call them tomorrow. It keeps producing the black frame randomly in all videos causing an export failure. I even reset the camera and for good measure did an imu calibration. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Definitely sounds like there's a problem with the camera. Good luck with calling DJI. While I've never had to call them, I hear that it can be a life changing experience ;)

Think I figured it out. I watched the vids directly from the bird, and no issues. It's only when I import 4K vids into iMovie or FCP. I downloaded a video converter, mov to MP4 4K, and have zero issues now. I think my iMac might not be up to par on specs anymore which could be why I have no issues with vids from my Phantom. [emoji106]

Reactions: Qoncussion
Think I figured it out. I watched the vids directly from the bird, and no issues. It's only when I import 4K vids into iMovie or FCP. I downloaded a video converter, mov to MP4 4K, and have zero issues now. I think my iMac might not be up to par on specs anymore which could be why I have no issues with vids from my Phantom. [emoji106]

I have an issue very similar to this except it happens on all resolutions, both into iMovie and FCP. Would you mind posting a link to the converter? I'm shipping mine in for diagnostics later, maybe that will reveal something.

I have an issue very similar to this except it happens on all resolutions, both into iMovie and FCP. Would you mind posting a link to the converter? I'm shipping mine in for diagnostics later, maybe that will reveal something.

Don't have a link, but it's called macx video converter pro.

I may have already corrected the problem but I'm not sure yet as I haven't had good weather to fly.

I just got a Mavic yesterday, and when I fly, the video ended itself 2 times during flight. Didn't think anything of it until I tried to put together a project in FCP. When exporting, it failed a number of times. I found "dead" frames in the project, cut them out and all was well.

Question is basically this. I just bought a new sd card for it, formatted it, and I'm going to fly again when weather clears. Does this sound like a bad card issue, or possible a write issue with the mavic?

Ok, so I was having the same issues with the dead frames in the project and I sent it back to DJI for repair. What they said is that it was caused by an impact and they replaced the whole drone under DJI Care Refresh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan