DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video settings

Echopilot

Reactions
Hello ppl out there.
I have tryed everything on my Mavic air drone to manage to record video longer than 4 minutes.
But IT doesent help at all. At 4 minutes, it doesent stop record but If i continue record for lets say 5 min i Get 2 video files.
Is ths correct or do i need to make any changes

Reactions: MKurr
Hello ppl out there.
I have tryed everything on my Mavic air drone to manage to record video longer than 4 minutes.
But IT doesent help at all. At 4 minutes, it doesent stop record but If i continue record for lets say 5 min i Get 2 video files.
Is ths correct or do i need to make any changes
That’s correct. It has to do with the way all SD cards are formatted.

It actually doesn’t have to do with how long the video is per se but it’s because there is a file partition at 4 GB. Meaning you can’t have a video file written to the card larger than 4 GB, it will need to make a new file.

You can lower the video quality and get longer videos before hitting the 4 GB partition.

Reactions: FoxhallGH and MKurr
That’s correct. It has to do with the way all SD cards are formatted.

It actually doesn’t have to do with how long the video is per se but it’s because there is a file partition at 4 GB. Meaning you can’t have a video file written to the card larger than 4 GB, it will need to make a new file.

You can lower the video quality and get longer videos before hitting the 4 GB partition.
Thx a lot.

So the bigger the card the longer the video can be?

No. All SD cards have a 4 GB partition no matter their size. Once the video file reaches 4 GB a new file is started and continues the video on that new file, a larger card just means you are able to save more files

No. All SD cards have a 4 GB partition no matter their size. Once the video file reaches 4 GB a new file is started and continues the video on that new file, a larger card just means you are able to save more files
So if desired the individual files could be stitched together in post processing, correct?

As a basis of comparison, my GoPro Hero7 Black is set for 1080/60. At this resolution, I get 17 minutes and 38 seconds of video per 4 GB file.
If you use a video editor you can join the separate files into one long video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel