DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Suddenly in Slow Motion

Sounds like integrated graphic and so-so on a 4000 series , and that's an odd mismatched ram size unless you have 6 ram slots.

But you'll want a dedicated graphic card (4gb minimum dedicated video memory, preferably 8gb, like maybe an older Nvidia 2060 super 8gb) otherwise its going to be rather limited for things like video editing and such.

Also if your system drive is a standard platter sata drive, that's not going to help either and will be a bottle neck. will want a SSD (preferably nvme pci type) for system and for working media.
I have two 16Gb and two 8Gb. My graphics card is fine. I'm not the OP. I only have a problem when I watch the video from the card in a card reader. Until I review, edit, and discard unwanted videos, I store my DJI footage on an external SSD drive with a USB-C that works well, but not at well as my internal Kingston SNVS2000G NVMe M.2 SSD. I bought this machine to run Resolve and it works great. I'm not sure I would benefit from an upgraded video card. I'm not a gamer. Thanks!

I have two 16Gb and two 8Gb.
If that's system ram, that has no real bearing on the GPU memory (and it's odd to mix memory sizes, doesn't usually help).

Also if you are only having issues in a card reader, then sounds like the reader is not at least USB 3.0 capable (or you somehow have USB 2.0 ports on your board in this day and age).

The upgraded video card benefits Resolve/etc much more so than 'gaming'.

I have two 16Gb and two 8Gb. My graphics card is fine. I'm not the OP. I only have a problem when I watch the video from the card in a card reader. Until I review, edit, and discard unwanted videos, I store my DJI footage on an external SSD drive with a USB-C that works well, but not at well as my internal Kingston SNVS2000G NVMe M.2 SSD. I bought this machine to run Resolve and it works great. I'm not sure I would benefit from an upgraded video card. I'm not a gamer. Thanks!
Although the card reader is more likely the issue, Resolve relies heavily on GPU processing for much of its video functionality especially any effects, colour grading and Fusion. Most video editing software companies will specify recommend graphics cards for which they can guarantee performance.

The alternative is to create a lowres proxy version and edit with that and let the editor do the final render to file with the original material, which doesn’t need to be done in real-time. That way I can easily edit 4K footage with a 2012 MacBook.

I took my Air 2S out last weekend. When I got home i pulled out my SD card and put it into the computer as I normally would. Every video played back in something like slow motion. I thought it was a fluke at first...that maybe I hit something wrong when I was getting ready to fly. I went back out tonight and sure enough, same thing. Ended up turning the drone on and recording in the house as well.

I formatted the card twice...once from my computer, and once from the app itself. Settings look right as far as I can tell. The last time I flew it, the video was fine. I had updated it right before I flew last weekend however. This card works in my GoPro Hero 10, and does not play back in slow motion when recoding here in the house.

Something is amiss with the drone somewhere.

Any ideas?
Same here and can't seem to fix it !!
Anybody a solution ?

That’s why. Shoot in 24 or 30 fps if you don’t want it to be in slow motion straight out of camera. For the files you already have you can re encode the them in a video editor to change the playback speed.
ALWAYS shoot in 4K60fps.

Original issue sounds like your device to view the vids isn't capable of the codec used maybe?
Are you in x265? Orig/DLog/HDR? Always copy to the laptop to view, don't bother reader direct from the card.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman