DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Views above the Chicago Lakefront

Good video. You're fortunate to have a major city where a good part of downtown is not flight restricted. That's not true in all too many cities, like Boston, SF, Washington DC.

Chicago is a great city. The city founders were inspired in keeping most of the lakefront as a huge public park. I have great memories of riding from Hyde Park to the north side along the lake front in my younger days.

Reactions: ckoerner
Good video. You're fortunate to have a major city where a good part of downtown is not flight restricted. That's not true in all too many cities, like Boston, SF, Washington DC.

Chicago is a great city. The city founders were inspired in keeping most of the lakefront as a huge public park. I have great memories of riding from Hyde Park to the north side along the lake front in my younger days.
Yeah. I know. I live near NYC where the airspace is clear over Manhattan but they have ordinances in the city that make it prohibitive to fly. It was nice visiting Chicago to fly.

Very nice vid. The lighting is excellent and I love the layers in the shot at 43 seconds, with the marina in the foreground and city in the background.

I wonder what it costs to moor a boat there! 😬

Very nice vid. The lighting is excellent and I love the layers in the shot at 43 seconds, with the marina in the foreground and city in the background.

I wonder what it costs to moor a boat there! 😬
If Chicago is still like when I lived there, it's who you know and who you support ($$$) during elections.
Chicago used to be run by aldermen. I suspect it still is...?

This film was really fabulous footage and you captured it extremely well! I know the city well since I was born there on the north side, grew up near Skokie and went to primary, high school, Pharmacy and Medical School there. I have spent countless hours in and around the loop, took classes at the art institute, and loved those images of soldier field and museums. Great work.

Dale
Miami

If Chicago is still like when I lived there, it's who you know and who you support ($$$) during elections.
Chicago used to be run by aldermen. I suspect it still is...?
Growing up in Chicago, unless my parents contributed to Mayor Daly and the local Alderman, you did not get your street plowed after 5 feet of snow covered your car and driveway. But the "Machine" made Chicago work.

Nice footage. What time of the morning did you shoot most of the footage?
But the "Machine" made Chicago work.
I grew up when Richard J. Daley was Mayor and witnessed all the mayors after as well as the "key aldermen" of Chicago. I've got so many things to say about that and Chicago's metamorphasis up to today, but I'll withhold comment.

Nice footage. What time of the morning did you shoot most of the footage?

I grew up when Richard J. Daley was Mayor and witnessed all the mayors after as well as the "key aldermen" of Chicago. I've got so many things to say about that and Chicago's metamorphasis up to today, but I'll withhold comment.
I flew shortly after sunrise. I had a previous video from the same morning where I flew inside the city right before sunrise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech