DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VLC alternative

Wildcatgary

Reactions
Does anyone know of a VLC alternative video media player for viewing recorded flight videos to see the subtitle information?

Thanks. Gary. Tucson

Does anyone know of a VLC alternative video media player for viewing recorded flight videos to see the subtitle information?

Thanks. Gary. Tucson

VLC is kind of the gold standard for open source video player (at least that is how I've always viewed it). What is it lacking or why are you looking for an alternative? Just curious...

Both "Media Player Classic" & "PotPlayer" read & display separate subtitle files (like .srt) together with the video.

Try them out, they are free...
I'll second these over VLC.

Thanks. Gary. Tucson
VLC is able to display subtitles. Do you have it enabled in the VLC preferences?

VLC is kind of the gold standard for open source video player (at least that is how I've always viewed it). What is it lacking or why are you looking for an alternative? Just curious...
It freezes constantly.... 50% chance it will freeze. about 1-2 min into video BAM! Bad download?

It freezes constantly.... 50% chance it will freeze. about 1-2 min into video BAM! Bad download?

Huh - never had that kind of problem with it. But I'm on windows. Could be a bad install - or maybe it is a mac thing.

I'd either do an uninstall/reinstall of VLC or try the players @slup recommended.

What mac? Might simply be too old/not powerful enough to handle bith the heavy files and superimposing the subtitles.

I'm on both Mac and Windows and have never had VLC crash. Your mileage may vary, but as long as you are on the current version of everything, it should be fine.

Not on a Mac, but had a under powered PC at one time and it glitched with subtitles on..not sure if that is your issue.

THanks. Which version are you using? Apple chip? Intel chip? Universal? I noticed there are 3 MAC versions.
I didn't pay attention when I installed VLC. Looks like I grabbed the Intel64 version. I ripped it out and installed the Arm64 version. It's been fine.

I like PotPlayer too
I had never heard of PotPlayer, but it looked interesting, so I installed it.
It is brilliant, it seems it is able to play everything you throw at it. It is now my default player.

Reactions: Tufargon and Kilrah
I had never heard of PotPlayer, but it looked interesting, so I installed it.
It is brilliant, it seems it is able to play everything you throw at it. It is now my default player.
Very customizable as well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54