DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Walkies!

Droffarc

Reactions
Dog walking is the act of a person walking with a dog, typically from the dog's residence and then returning. Leashes are commonly used for this. Both owners and pets receive many benefits, including exercise and companionship.

Dogs are restrained by a collar around their neck or a Harness, or by simply following their guardian with familiarity and verbal control. Commonly, the dog is walked by the guardian or another family member, but there are also professional dog walkers.

Dog owners can also go hiking with their dogs. Many trails mandate that the dogs are on leash, in view of the dogs' safety and safety of other hikers.
A study by Michigan State University showed that people who walk their dogs are 34% more likely to meet expected levels of exercise, with a recommended level of 150 minutes of activity such as dog walking per week. Matthew Reeves, the co-author of the study said, "There is no magic bullet in getting people to reach those benchmarks but walking a dog has a measurable impact."

Research conducted by the University of Western Australia has suggested that a higher rate of dog walking within a community tends to cause more interpersonal relationships within that community. The research suggested that people in the community would acknowledge and greet other people in the street, and exchange favors with neighbors, which could possibly encourage more exercise in the community, by giving pets and owners a chance at a healthier lifestyle.

So I took my non-dog for a walk.

My dog walks me. 🙂

He follows his nose, I follow him.

You should get a GoPro dog camera mount and let them wear it and you'd really have their perspective. But if it was my dog, the video would be, "what's this...woosh...what's this...woosh... what's this" followed by 3 minutes of a shot of grass as my dogs sniffs something to death.

I agree with my dog walks me. My 18 month old puppy would rather sniff then look anywhere. Unless she hears a plane. Then she will look up. We usually walk about 1/2 mile a morning and it takes about an hour. My son complains that she stops too much and smells. I told him that the walk is for the dog, not for me. He got upset and we haven't walked dogs together for a few months. No worries, he doesn't have much time to walk and I do.

Apparently k nose where to go 🐶

Reactions: MA2 317
You should get a GoPro dog camera mount and let them wear it and you'd really have their perspective. But if it was my dog, the video would be, "what's this...woosh...what's this...woosh... what's this" followed by 3 minutes of a shot of grass as my dogs sniffs something to death.
Dogs can definately tell a P from a Q because they sniff each blade of grass up, and then down all the while standing on three legs...

I agree with my dog walks me. My 18 month old puppy would rather sniff then look anywhere. Unless she hears a plane. Then she will look up. We usually walk about 1/2 mile a morning and it takes about an hour. My son complains that she stops too much and smells. I told him that the walk is for the dog, not for me. He got upset and we haven't walked dogs together for a few months. No worries, he doesn't have much time to walk and I do.
It's the aroma that makes the meal/walk 🌪️

When I was a kid I used to wonder why dogs, in summer, lay down at full stretch in streams. I eventually worked out it was too cool down, getting cool water on their bare bellies and groin.
It was funny seeing the Retriever doing that.
What do you do about free running dogs and snakes in South Africa?

When I was a kid I used to wonder why dogs, in summer, lay down at full stretch in streams. I eventually worked out it was too cool down, getting cool water on their bare bellies and groin.
It was funny seeing the Retriever doing that.
What do you do about free running dogs and snakes in South Africa?
Snakes? It has been years since I saw a snake around here (and then it was the size of a shoe lace) but along the West Coast and further inland I have seen some nasty ones in passing especially on hot days.
In a lighter vein, our free running dogs are not allowed to keep snakes as pets 🐍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf