DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning Weak Signal

medic57

Reactions
I am having trouble getting very far from my home point with having messages show up on my controller. I am in a Urban area flying at 219 ft. At around 1671.9 distance I am getting these messages - (Warning Weak signal, adjust antenna to avoid signal block) and (Warning strong interference to aircraft, Signal interruption may be more likely. Fly with caution.) I have tried going in different directions and I'm getting messages like this. And I am still in line of site with the drone. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? I have attached a screenshot below from the log.

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
It's highly likely that upwards of 90% of those little houses shown on the display that you posted have a wireless router or some other wi-fi device pinging the airwaves 24 hours a day.

You might have to experiment by changing locations. You could try moving to the other side of the open field where your home point is shown in the photo you posted. Getting the aircraft higher won't help with the interference at ground level that's pinging you remote controller.

Reactions: Ebruce
Hey medic57, I have same issues at about that distance. Open areas, like shore lines , woods , etc I do not experience it. It's only over urban areas. I'm in NYC area. Not too many building per say , but lots of home. The homes , weather it be wifi, cordless phone , cable companies wi fi towers etc causing this, I don't know, makes me feel unsafe flying , especially over other people's homes. So in the urban area , I stick to open areas. I also tried one of that copper signal boosters , with no improvement.

Good luck

Reactions: Ebruce
Move away from all the homes with WiFi.
I agree with Cyber here...I have the same issue where I am located...Move to and open field and issue solved....It is just HIGH WIFI traffic and interference you are getting at Ground Level like Walt stated.

Last edited:
I'm having similar experiences. Flying from home over built up areas I generally start to get warnings around 500 metres. Flying from an open area, all was OK until the bird went over houses about 500 metres away. I guess Wi-Fi interference can happen at either end.

I'm having similar experiences. Flying from home over built up areas I generally start to get warnings around 500 metres. Flying from an open area, all was OK until the bird went over houses about 500 metres away. I guess Wi-Fi interference can happen at either end.
I'll give you some experience I had. I know my drone, using firmware .600, can push 5 km where I live. Lot's of trees and mountains in the area. When I was in Thailand, I flew from the backyard near a cell tower and lost signal after 300 m. Radio kills.

It's just the result of flying in a noisy RF environment. The only thing you can do if you haven't already, is make sure you have your antennaes oriented correctly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan