DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Water Retriever

Mymgb

Reactions
Does anyone know the name of the attachment you can attach the the drone when flying over water. It deploys a 100foot line to retrieve your drone. Additionally, has anyone had an experience with this product and is it available from Amazon or another source. Thanks

Reactions: marty`s
Maybe better but this tube has a Velcro strap that attaches the item to a drone. When it goes in the water it sends up a line to retrieve an item. Think part of its name has Grabber in it.

Maybe better but this tube has a Velcro strap that attaches the item to a drone. When it goes in the water it sends up a line to retrieve an item. Think part of its name has Grabber in it.
I was just playin' :) . retriever, get it?

Here ya go: Getterback
782a45ef3aa3060c6ef56b1cf1f20cef.jpg

Last edited:
Just reading online about QC issues -- Amazon no longer sells it. Looks like a good idea, actually -- esp if you had DJI refresh.

Reactions: kykayak
Got it thanks to both of you. Love the retriever too. Any experience with Getterback anyone??

Right,I am on the list (email);when it comes back in stock.eBay show it for $56 I think-wow

Got it thanks to both of you. Love the retriever too. Any experience with Getterback anyone??
I've flown with the Getterback on both a Phantom 2 and the Mavic. No problems with the flight. I've never deep-six'd either craft, so can't speak to its effectiveness.

Did you get it from Amazon? Glad you haven’t had to use it.
Hope you never do

Yup, got it at Amazon about 3+ years ago. I too am very happy that I have never been sitting along side of a lake waiting for that yellow bobber to surface :)

I'm guessing the thing that creates the CO2 to make it float is a couple tabs of alka-seltzer.

Their website has video example if it in use in a drone.
Also if it deploying in use.
It’s only the little cartridge that floats so it would be hard to spot if more than say 100’ away, and that’d be on calm water.
It’s designed to get your rod / reel fishing gear back if dropped over the side of a boat etc, so normally very close.

Last edited:
Their website has video example if it in use in a drone.
Also if it deploying in use.
It’s only the little cartridge that floats so it would be hard to spot if more than say 100’ away, and that’d be on calm water.
It’s designed to get your road / reel fishing gear back if dropped over the side of a boat etc, so normally very close.
True story... In my case I figured that if I just deep-6'd any of my drones, I just became a guy with nothing but time on his hands to go looking for a tiny yellow bobber. It might take a while - but hopefully I'll find it.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
That thing won’t likely work when you need it to. Good idea, poor design.

That thing won’t likely work when you need it to. Good idea, poor design.

Curious as to what makes it a poor design? I was hoping it was closer to the $15 price point of the original made for fishing poles, but was still thinking of getting one. Side-mounted after printing the bracket...

Where to mount it so a malfunction will not become tangled in the props.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro