DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Water skiing with the mavic

Nice video. Did you hand fly it all or is it using automatic tracking?

Got out with the maivc and got us water skiing. Let me know what you think and how I can improve.

Because you're asking I'll be critical. Work on planning on your shots before you hit the shoot. Think of angles, fly overs, panning, etc. You don't have to always put every shot or the whole recording in a video to tell a good story. A 30 second video with 3-5 seconds of ultra smooth and focused clips linked together will go a lot further than 3 minutes of jerky video that captures the whole run. Focusing on those short smooth clips during editing will greatly enhance the quality of your videos.

Keep practicing your panning skills as they apply to speed to help with a smooth flight path. Also, thinking about your subject framing and know that they don't always have to be dead center in the shot... in fact, research your rule of thirds as it applies to capturing images and perhaps apply these while flying.

Hope that helps a bit. Cheers!

It's a start I guess. Watch videos on YouTube about how to get smoother shots with your mavic but adjusting settings. Get closer. Make it shorter. Keep playing with it

Because you're asking I'll be critical. Work on planning on your shots before you hit the shoot. Think of angles, fly overs, panning, etc. You don't have to always put every shot or the whole recording in a video to tell a good story. A 30 second video with 3-5 seconds of ultra smooth and focused clips linked together will go a lot further than 3 minutes of jerky video that captures the whole run. Focusing on those short smooth clips during editing will greatly enhance the quality of your videos.

Keep practicing your panning skills as they apply to speed to help with a smooth flight path. Also, thinking about your subject framing and know that they don't always have to be dead center in the shot... in fact, research your rule of thirds as it applies to capturing images and perhaps apply these while flying.

Hope that helps a bit. Cheers!
Thanks. I also have only flown it maybe 10 times. Haven't had much time to get to play around with it. Im a little nervous getting close to the water but getting more confident. Thanks for your reply.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty