DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WayPoints : Loitering and Camera Zoom

aennen

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro, Looking to use drone to run a route to inspect certain parts of a roof. Need drone to be able to loiter at spot for a short whileand zoom camera at a target on roof, then move on to the next way point and do the same thing. Is there software our there that will let me program this behavior at a way point ?

Last edited:
I have a Mavic Pro, Looking to use drone to run a route to inspect certain parts of a roof. Need drone to be able to loiter at spot for a short whileand zoom camera at a target on roof, then move on to the next way point and do the same thing. Is there software our there that will let me program this behavior at a way point ?[/QUOTE.
Way point is for flying a route and then letting The drone fly the same route in auto mode you would be better off just going to your location over the roof take you shots while the drone hovers then move on to the next part and do the same that is my experience of way point flying but I could be wrong

We have multiple buildings with many inspection points that need to happen on a regular basis so manually running a route would be too time-consuming and at some spots care needs to be taken, as a close approach is needed. If i can program the waypoints in as we do a run then we can save and repeat on demand, just let drone do its thing then maintenance team can review videos as needed.

Oh and really dont want to spend that kind of money.

We have multiple buildings with many inspection points that need to happen on a regular basis so manually running a route would be too time-consuming and at some spots care needs to be taken, as a close approach is needed. If i can program the waypoints in as we do a run then we can save and repeat on demand, just let drone do its thing then maintenance team can review videos as needed.
Maybe using a different app to control the drone would work you can use the recorded waypoints more than once as you can save them in the app just not sure about the loitering part

I believe the Litchi app should easily do what you are seeking (although not certain about changing the degree of zoom at different waypoints) - plenty of youtube videos explaining the features and how-to for the app.

Well I don't know if it will work on Mavic Pro, but I have successfuly tested way point flight with M2 Pro, you can preset way-points on the map, set precise elevation for each and program gimbal and camera behavior on each. App is DJI Pilot . I would make blowed-up plan first, then transfer to the map and certainly test first on simple building in open space for reliability. Taking pictures - videos in open nature leaves larger margin for error than dense urban environment. Drone follows selected route precisely, you can then manually correct it to precise requirement. Once acceptable app keeps your flight plans in memory and you can repeat them at will. I have actually similar roof inspection in working, just rainy weather here is in the way to do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
controllesp