Weird clouds shadow and brightnes pulsing

procent

Reactions
Hey
Please see this clip
Dropbox - DJI_0121.MP4

2.7K ,WB cloudy, 1/50, normal profile +1-3-1

You can see that clouds shadow isnt smooth, looks like its missing frames
Second problem is this weird brightness pulsing.
I've read that is probably because of codec..
Is there any way to remove this pulsing? its piss me off...

It's mostly (totally ? ) due to your encoding settings.
You'll need to up your debit or set your keyframes value to a lower setting (those two options will make your file bigger).

It's because when encoding, there is a lot of frames that are only "guessing" what the video should look like. Keyframes are the full picture, but between keyframes it's guessing (in order to lower the file size).

I think the brightness pulsing is just from the same issue, doesn't really look like an automatic setting from your camera).

These links could help you.

Keyframes, InterFrame & Video Compression
Data compression | Wikiwand
Key frame | Wikiwand

As this appears to be the original file, straight from the Mavic, and has had no post processing done on it - you should change your camera settings to something like, D-cinelike, +1, -1, -1 - some folks prefer +1, -2, -2 - but I'm getting better results with the former. The key is the +1, for sharpness. Any thing below that causes the built-in noise reduction firmware to kick in, causing exactly the kind of problem that you have.

Its pulsing from the codec. Nothing you can really do about it without post processing in something like Neat Video. Limitation of the drone hardware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23