DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird RTH behavior

davedrone 178

Reactions
RTH acted weird today. Normal flight route, RTH height at it's normal setting of 328ft. Execute a RTH and she starts to rise higher and higher so had to bring her home manually. I noticed the the obstacle avoidance lights would flicker a little even though I was in open space. Any thoughs?

Pretty unusual to have a RTH heigh set so high, are you downtown or in the city? Are you saying upon RTH, the drone rose higher than 328?

Noticed that you posted in the Mini 3 section (without the "Pro" in the end)... but as you talk about obstacle detection I imagine you have a Mini 3 Pro, right?

It's not uncommon that the OD sensors gets tricked by bright light (the sun for instance) & think's it's an obstacle & tries to ascend above it... did you RTH directly into the sun?

Noticed that you posted in the Mini 3 section (without the "Pro" in the end)... but as you talk about obstacle detection I imagine you have a Mini 3 Pro, right?

It's not uncommon that the OD sensors gets tricked by bright light (the sun for instance) & think's it's an obstacle & tries to ascend above it... did you RTH directly into the sun?
It was the Mini 3 Pro. Your explanation makes sense. Drone did fly directly into the Sun. Flew same route later in the day and RTH functioned as it should.