DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well, I crashed. RTH issue? Update!

Reading all these 'fly away' threads; my biggest fear is when I put the bird up it just keeps going up, no controller input will stop it, it just keeps gaining altitude...and I'm just standing there, watching it fly away...like a kid who just lost his balloon...it's just floating away... higher and higher...I'm watching it go...until you can't see it anymore...I stand there...helpless....

Reading all these 'fly away' threads; my biggest fear is when I put the bird up it just keeps going up, no controller input will stop it, it just keeps gaining altitude...and I'm just standing there, watching it fly away...like a kid who just lost his balloon...it's just floating away... higher and higher...I'm watching it go...until you can't see it anymore...I stand there...helpless....

That's not really a rational fear though - the event that you describe doesn't happen unless the wind speeds are too high for safe flight or if the pilot is unable to control the aircraft in ATTI mode, which, itself, almost never happens unless the pilot doesn't pay attention to heading data at launch.

Reactions: joejaxvic123

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HermanKrebbers