DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We're going down the path of becoming illegal

Time to start a lobby group. Enough political donations can make anything happen.;)

The AMA is your best bet here. They already have everything in place and in fact they are strongly the reason why we have Part 336 today instead of Part 107 for everyone.

Like it or not, money talks and the AMA is very good at talking.

But it allows you to enforce and punish the other half and act as a deterrent effect.

Or are you seriously claiming there'd be no more robberies, burglaries, assaults and offences if we didnt have laws to prevent them?

I wouldn't say it deters the other half at all. A large number of people willfully ignore multiple laws and that's not due to ignorance of the law just lack of respect for others. Unfortunately this will never be legislated, treated or enforced by punishment or any other means.

Reactions: Clinton1
Unfortunately this will never be legislated, treated or enforced by punishment or any other means.

I would, almost, be willing to place a long-term bet that you're wrong here. At some point there will be some type of incident that harms/kills someone and the masses will go screaming and crying to their elected officials. We think our #'s are large and we are powerful but that's only because we "flock together" but when we get in the real-world we are the smallest fish in the world pond.

Also if an incident happens and John Q. Public buys fewer airline tickets because of "drone paranoia" then you can bet your bottom dollar the Corp Entities will lobby/pay/buy legislation and enforcement. Rules and Enforcement will happen so quickly all of our heads will spin. $$ talks and the Airline Industry is a HUGE talker on the world economy front.

Reactions: Eddington
I would, almost, be willing to place a long-term bet that you're wrong here. At some point there will be some type of incident that harms/kills someone and the masses will go screaming and crying to their elected officials. We think our #'s are large and we are powerful but that's only because we "flock together" but when we get in the real-world we are the smallest fish in the world pond.

Also if an incident happens and John Q. Public buys fewer airline tickets because of "drone paranoia" then you can bet your bottom dollar the Corp Entities will lobby/pay/buy legislation and enforcement. Rules and Enforcement will happen so quickly all of our heads will spin. $$ talks and the Airline Industry is a HUGE talker on the world economy front.

You are right about drones, and I should have been more clear. I meant *some* peoples willingness to ignore laws for whatever reason on whatever subject can't be legislated, treated or enforced.

Reactions: BigAl07
You are right about drones, and I should have been more clear. I meant *some* peoples willingness to ignore laws for whatever reason on whatever subject can't be legislated, treated or enforced.
And that sir is why we have prisons... repeat offenders should be treated like any other criminal...be safe fly smart

Not adding more for such a silly thing to an already bad problem? I really don't have a suggestion on that issue. And now we're getting off topic :)

While this is certainly "on the list" of future things to come it's most likely not "near". The logistics of creating the criteria, designing the program, training the instructors/inspectors, and getting the testing up to speed is a gargantuan task to say the least. Look how long it took to get just the Part 107 test up to speed and it was just a simple book test. Flight standards and practices have not been created yet which is the first step to flight demonstration.

While I whole heartedly support and look forward to this I don't see it happening very soon "unfortunately".
When it comes to taking taxpayers money off them - and boy this would cost - never underestimate the speed at which things can happen.

When it comes to taking taxpayers money off them - and boy this would cost - never underestimate the speed at which things can happen.

That's not how it worked at all with Part 107 though. The FAA doesn't get any of the test fee so, from a tax perspective, this is generating no revenue at all and operating at a loss. The same applies to PPL testing. Why would UAV flight testing be any different?

That's not how it worked at all with Part 107 though. The FAA doesn't get any of the test fee so, from a tax perspective, this is generating no revenue at all and operating at a loss. The same applies to PPL testing. Why would UAV flight testing be any different?
You never said it was suddenly free....

I don't know how it works in France( especially with all the issues you have there), but in in the good old USA the Gov't contracts out that kind of thing...be safe, fly smart
Issues?

But here's the thing. The government doesn't give money away as you know. Well except to defence contractors. Someone is paying for this huge inconvenience and it's not your Uncle Sam.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4