DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"We're gonna need a bigger boat." ? ?

An absolute classic, the look on the sheriff’s face as the shark was bearing down on them LOL

I liked how he (Brody) walked slowly backwards, cig in mouth, right into the pilothouse.

I've got the 4k version of that movie, just released. It's incredible, like it was filmed yesterday.

Reactions: Gagey52
I read that the 10 cruise ships in Weymouth dorset is causing a yellow smog as they idle the engine for power.
It doesn't look like you have that problem with those Skye's.
@freefaller500 There were two of these in the bay last week - guessing one of them has moved on - but you can regularly see smoke coming from the stacks. You can just about make it out in this image towards the back of the boat, but I'm not aware of it causing additional pollution locally so far.

Reactions: RedZeppelin
It's a really nice picture, but obviously enhanced. What did you do in post to get the effect?
@vindibona1 Thanks for being diplomatic - I had a guy on the official DJI forums who wasn't quite so polite about my post production techniques, but never mind ;)

I've been using Luminar 4 for a few months now and still getting my bearings with it. If anything, I've dialled back the tinkering and try not to go overboard if I can. I guess that's in the eye of the beholder though.

Thanks for the kind words Thumbswayup

@vindibona1 Thanks for being diplomatic - I had a guy on the official DJI forums who wasn't quite so polite about my post production techniques, but never mind ;)

I've been using Luminar 4 for a few months now and still getting my bearings with it. If anything, I've dialled back the tinkering and try not to go overboard if I can. I guess that's in the eye of the beholder though.

Thanks for the kind words Thumbswayup

I wasn't trying to be diplomatic but wondering myself how to duplicate that look (when appropriate). It seems that this is what a lot of folks are going after these days. I'm sure there will be occasion to want to do similar work. I'd not heard of Luminar 4 before.
The closest thing I've ever done was in 2007. It took some doing, all in an earlier version of Photoshop with no automated enhancements... but then again it is a layered composite. I found a small image from my website as the original is buried on a drive somewhere.

4-8.jpg

• Love
I wasn't trying to be diplomatic but wondering myself how to duplicate that look (when appropriate). It seems that this is what a lot of folks are going after these days. I'm sure there will be occasion to want to do similar work. I'd not heard of Luminar 4 before.
The closest thing I've ever done was in 2007. It took some doing, all in an earlier version of Photoshop with no automated enhancements... but then again it is a layered composite. I found a small image from my website as the original is buried on a drive somewhere.

View attachment 111021

I don't use it, but one of Luminar's major features is sky replacement/modification. Unfortunately, it doesn't support face recognition yet so I stick with Lightroom.

I don't use it, but one of Luminar's major features is sky replacement/modification. Unfortunately, it doesn't support face recognition yet so I stick with Lightroom.
I've experimented with the sky replacement, but only for fun. I mainly utilise the Luminar Looks and tweak some of the other settings where it works on the image. Like I say, having used Luminar 4 for a short while now, I'm finding out what works for me and what I think doesn't, so I'm dialling in my processes slowly and becoming a bit less slider happy ;)

I don't have need for face recognition as a rule, so I find Luminar 4 has become my go to editor for drone images at the moment.

Mint shot!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf