DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you dislike about the Mavic?

Skyroam

Reactions
We all know what we love about the Mavic but what do you dislike. I would be interested in your views.

For me it has to be the issue with wind gusts. I never had a problem in flying on windy days with my P3P but with the Mavic it really struggles and this limits what I can do.

We all know what we love about the Mavic but what do you dislike. I would be interested in your views.

For me it has to be the issue with wind gusts. I never had a problem in flying on windy days with my P3P but with the Mavic it really struggles and this limits what I can do.
You might want to consider the size of the Mavic compared to your Phantom.
The smaller the lighter. Therefore more susceptible to wind and gust.
I own several DJI aircraft and my Inspires are extremely more stable than my Phantoms. I believe size and weight obviously make a difference.

Reactions: Skyroam
I would have to say the gimbal is to limited. Haveing owned a Typhoon H I’m just used to using a 360 degree camera.
Other than that I love everything else about my MP
Very pleased

My dislikes :
  1. No timer for photo capture (Gesture not always works well)
  2. RC charges android phone
  3. 25 minute flight time not satisfactory.
  4. No export-import waypoint facilities (DJI Go 4 - Google Earth)

Don't have dislike, but wish to improve or have the following:
1. P4P camera sensor size
2. Stronger built gimbal (too fragile)
3. At least 30 minutes flight time
4. Better and stable software (Go 4 apps for Android); too many updates.

All good here,only thing is that shooting video almost perfect focusing, seems just slightly out of focus when looking at big screen,where as looking at photos are just flawless, I’m shure next mavic 2 will have a 1” sensor

1. Camera/Image quality
2. DJI being a closed garden, imposing limits, not allowing mods etc (imagine what could be done if we had the source code, and could build custom ROMs, with additional hardware support, for example, a FLIR, a proper payload release mechanism, etc)

DJI being a closed garden, imposing limits, not allowing mods etc (imagine what could be done if we had the source code, and could build custom ROMs, with additional hardware support, for example, a FLIR, a proper payload release mechanism, etc)

(edit) point taken

But that aside - I dislike that DJI automatically tags GPS imagery and locations, registers facial recognition data (even when the system is off) and accesses users' phone data. DJI also captures user identification, e-mail addresses, full names, phone numbers, images, videos, and computer credentials as well as proprietary and sensitive critical infrastructure data, such as detailed imagery of power control panels, security measures for critical infrastructure sites, etc. This data automatically uploads into cloud storage systems located in Taiwan, China, and Hong Kong, to which the Chinese government most likely has access.

But other that that --- I'm all good!

Last edited:
if you hack into developer mode you can do all this...
If by this you means enabling the debug flag in the DJI assist and getting to all those customization that allow you to end up maxing out the motors while triggering an overcurrent warning on your battery, change the max tilt to such an extent you start to lose altitude at full throttle, etc (and, incidentally, override the 500m altitude limit and NFZ enforcement on older FW versions) - yes, i know about this, everybody does now, i guess.

But if there is actually a developer mode on this bird, that can be 'hacked' into, and allows running your own code on it, interfacing into external hardware, etc - I WANT TO KNOW, please talk ;-)

What do I dislike about the Mavic series?

That they are made by DJI and all the bs that entails as defined above.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lobodevich