DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you think of this?

Derek

Reactions
IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0092.JPG looking for good way to access my checklist
I have stuck it to top antenna

Do you use a device that is NFC capable? If so then an NFC tag applied to the rear of the Remote Controller that uses an app to trigger a note based application like Evernote with all of your PreFlight Checklist items might be a better solution. Paper degrades or gets lost. You will always be flying with your device and it should hold up better than a piece of paper over time.

Perhaps Lamination if you stick with the paper method. Then use a large lamination sheet that has extra room on the sides. Fold over the clear extra part lamination and then cut slots in it so that it just slips over the ear of one or both of the antenna. Then trim the excess.

Do you use a device that is NFC capable? If so then an NFC tag applied to the rear of the Remote Controller that uses an app to trigger a note based application like Evernote with all of your PreFlight Checklist items might be a better solution. Paper degrades or gets lost. You will always be flying with your device and it should hold up better than a piece of paper over time.

Perhaps Lamination if you stick with the paper method. Then use a large lamination sheet that has extra room on the sides. Fold over the clear extra part lamination and then cut slots in it so that it just slips over the ear of one or both of the antenna. Then trim the excess.
I use either an iPhone 7 + or iPad mini
Not familiar with NFC capabilities bu don't think IOS supports it... are you aware
Otherwise might try the plastic envelope idea
Thanks
Derek

I think preflight and controls are pretty intuitive and you won't need the list for very long.
Maybe in a version for a quick glance one in a while?

Reactions: Kestrel
I use either an iPhone 7 + or iPad mini
Not familiar with NFC capabilities bu don't think IOS supports it... are you aware
Otherwise might try the plastic envelope idea
Thanks
Derek
iPhones use NFC technology for Apple Pay. I'm not sure if the NFC chip can be accessed on an iPhone though.

I think preflight and controls are pretty intuitive and you won't need the list for very long.
Maybe in a version for a quick glance one in a while?
Truth, My preflight check list consists of no preflight check list, my batteries are always full when I go fly and I always check my props before and after every flight, that's all I need to know when i'm about to fly.

NFC is a good idea for me! thanks!

iPhones use NFC technology for Apple Pay. I'm not sure if the NFC chip can be accessed on an iPhone though.

Here is a YouTube Video that describes the process to write and read NFC tags.

After writing to the NFC tag you can just have the tag open and display a Note App that displays your PreFlight Checklist. Then with another tap you can have it launch your DJI GO 4 app.
NFC tags can be erased and written to over and over.
Then its just a tap of the back of the device to the tag. Couple that with the fact that NFC tags can be found on eBay for a few bucks and it can be a powerful solution.

You can't read/write NFC tags with an iPhone normally, Apple don't provide developers with access to the NFC reader.

That video is either showing a jail broken iPhone or more likely an iPhone in a case that has an NFC reader in it.

Thanks for all your help guys.
Will leave it on until if find I don't need or use it any more
Love my. Mavic

You could take a picture of your list and refer to it before each flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli