DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you use for editing?

kona

Reactions
I played with iMovie over the weekend but found it cumbersome to use: importing video takes extra time and space, I have to pay for music, and I have to sync it with the transitions between clips. Took me an hour to create something semi-OK.

Then Google Photos sent me an automatically generated video it assembled from the 720p clips stored in the DJI Go App that were automatically uploaded by my phone. The result was better than my iMovie result, it had music already perfectly synced with the transitions, and in the 20% of cases where it used bad or suboptimal clip parts I swapped them for better ones in a matter of less than a minute. The only snag: Google Photos movie editor is limited to 720p.

Are there other solutions that make it easy to put together movies (ideally in the cloud, like Photos) and sync music (ideally free) with clip transitions?

Go straight to premiere or final cut.

Yes it takes time to learn but you'll thank yourself later as you will not need to change ever again...

If you are serious of course. If not, you will always find some limitations and want to find better...

Reactions: royalhghnss
Sorry didn't really read your message... If you think imovie is cumbersome, forget about what I said lol...

Latest version of Premier Elements right now which is OK but limited and doesn't allow true 4K editing like Premier Pro. I like the Premier interface and wanted to buy Premier Pro for 4K editing however Adobe made the move in 2011 to only offer it's pro Applications on a cloud subscription basis so you have to commit to paying a monthly fee for a period of time which I don't like.

Many years ago I actually used to use a video editing package called Vegas back when it was Sonic Foundry. I think Sony bought it and updated it for a number of years and then I think Magix just bought it from Sony so not sure how it is these days but used to like it. So I'm thinking of checking out Vegas again because I'm not part of the Apple nation.

JC

The easier solution would be trying filmora, its free for a month and offers a basic and advanced option to edit all your clips. It's packed with loads of quality features

Reactions: grizzard
I use Lightworks. It's powerful, versatile, user-friendly, and best of all, free. You can upgrade to a pro subscription if you need some other features, but it has everything I need for this kind of editing, including good transitions. The free version can export 720p and 1080p.

Latest version of Premier Elements right now which is OK but limited and doesn't allow true 4K editing like Premier Pro. I like the Premier interface and wanted to buy Premier Pro for 4K editing however Adobe made the move in 2011 to only offer it's pro Applications on a cloud subscription basis so you have to commit to paying a monthly fee for a period of time which I don't like.

Many years ago I actually used to use a video editing package called Vegas back when it was Sonic Foundry. I think Sony bought it and updated it for a number of years and then I think Magix just bought it from Sony so not sure how it is these days but used to like it. So I'm thinking of checking out Vegas again because I'm not part of the Apple nation.

JC

Man, I remember Sonic Foundry / Vegas - loved that video editor. Did everything I needed and seemed pretty intuitive, as I was just a hobbyist creating Home movies, not a professional editor.

Now all we have are Macs in the house. Time to learn Premier Pro...

Premiere Pro if I’m using my desktop, LumaFusion if I’m on my iPad Pro.

Davinci Resolve 14. It's free and works well if you have a capable video card. Does 3840 × 2160 and probably the most capable color grading. Works with another free product called Fusion for 3d compositing. Lots of good tutorials on YouTube.

I played with iMovie over the weekend but found it cumbersome to use: importing video takes extra time and space, I have to pay for music, and I have to sync it with the transitions between clips. Took me an hour to create something semi-OK.

Then Google Photos sent me an automatically generated video it assembled from the 720p clips stored in the DJI Go App that were automatically uploaded by my phone. The result was better than my iMovie result, it had music already perfectly synced with the transitions, and in the 20% of cases where it used bad or suboptimal clip parts I swapped them for better ones in a matter of less than a minute. The only snag: Google Photos movie editor is limited to 720p.

Are there other solutions that make it easy to put together movies (ideally in the cloud, like Photos) and sync music (ideally free) with clip transitions?

First off, you don't have to pay for music. I've been using it for many years and frankly next to GoPro studio it couldn't get much easier. Personally I use FPC, it takes a little bit to use get to but its really pretty simple

JC
I'm still using Vegas Pro, which is indeed owned by Magix. I've been using this for a decade now ~and it still does everything that the industry standards do (I mean *everything*) - and it's far more intuitive to learn... If you don't want to shell out the bucks for the pro version, Vegas Studio is the very reasonably priced consumer version of the same program.

I have been using "Davinci Resolve 14". It is complicated but no more so than "Final Cut" and for me just as powerful. The clincher is it's FREE and works on both MAC and Windows.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_