DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What exactly did I sign up for?

Chirp

Reactions
I was doing a small commercial job last week and had to move from one end of a large parking lot to the other.
Maybe 100+ yards or so.

I was losing light and had to hurry and I got a message that I was now in a dangerous or No Fly zone or something and in order to proceed it made me jump through hoops that I can't remember all of now but I did have to start a hotspot on my phone (i was using the inexpensive version of the iPad on the RC) and I had to check boxes saying I am fully responsible for any bad things that may happen.

I don't know how I knew to do the hotspot, something I read a while ago I guess. If I wasn't in a hurry I would have proceeded more cautiously (I hope) before signing like that.

My question is, what was it that I signed up for?

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
You self authorized.

Since you were in a NFZ you basically told DJI, (and the FAA if they ever investigated) that:

A. You are operating commercially and have p107 and proper airspace authorization, or

B. You are operating recreationally under part 101, and have contacted the airport.

Since you're doing commercial work, you have your 107 and airspace authorization and are good to go, right?

If something had gone wrong, DJI would have their *** covered and the FAA could get a record.

Reactions: Chirp

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven