DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 The Abandoned and crumbling Byron Hot Springs Hotel

Evmoius

Reactions

This was a really fun shoot. The property is nestled away in the foothills of Mt. Diablo near the tiny town of Byron. Once a hotspot for the rich and famous, It's now an abandoned shell with only hints to it's former beauty.

Due to it's close proximity to the small Byron Airport, I had to do some research to make sure I could even fly here at all. After confirming it was located in class G airspace and did not have a tower, I was GTG. The Air Aware app also gave me a green light. Regardless, my spotter and I both kept our ears open for sounds of incoming traffic and I never exceeded 150ft just to be on the safe side. Not a single plane took off or landed in the 45 minutes we were there.

Awesome!

Yeah that elevator set up looks legit ! Makes you wonder why places like this fall into disrepair and are abandoned. Good video.

Reactions: Evmoius
Yeah that elevator set up looks legit ! Makes you wonder why places like this fall into disrepair and are abandoned. Good video.
Thank you! I think a fire damaged it and it was abandoned.

Reactions: KBF
Nice video and music to boot.
The place was really stripped, including the roof units.
I like tours of abandoned buildings, you did this one justice.

Nice video and music to boot.
The place was really stripped, including the roof units.
I like tours of abandoned buildings, you did this one justice.
Thank you very much! Yeah this was a real gem. I have a friend who's been researching this place as a hobby for years now. I'd like to do a more informative video collaboration with voice overs and such but just don't have the time right for something that involved.

This was a really fun shoot. The property is nestled away in the foothills of Mt. Diablo near the tiny town of Byron. Once a hotspot for the rich and famous, It's now an abandoned shell with only hints to it's former beauty.

Due to it's close proximity to the small Byron Airport, I had to do some research to make sure I could even fly here at all. After confirming it was located in class G airspace and did not have a tower, I was GTG. The Air Aware app also gave me a green light. Regardless, my spotter and I both kept our ears open for sounds of incoming traffic and I never exceeded 150ft just to be on the safe side. Not a single plane took off or landed in the 45 minutes we were there.
Apparently 2 buildings have burned there before this one was erected. Legend says this building is haunted.

There is a new owner of this place and he plan to turn the property into a public place.

To learn more about the place...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13