DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What features would we want in a Mavic 2.0?

CAlexio

Reactions
Hello, new guy here, I have had my Mavic for a month or so, and have thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. I'm still pretty terrible with my manual flying and filming.. very jerky, need to use the automatic modes more, need to learn how to build a storyline for my videos. but I'm having fun 100% of the time.. here are a few videos if anyone is interested.

Racing F3 cars at Killarney in S.Africa (favorite part is staying low over the track)

San Francisco - Golden Gate Flyby

Heading to Alcatraz (chickened out halfway there)

ANYWAY,

so I recently discovered the Inspire 2 and am totally in awe at it's speed and it's retractable legs.. and while I have no interest in owning something so huge or heavy, it did get me thinking about what I would want in the next version of the Mavic, and I came up with a few ideas.

1. faster
2. longer lasting battery
3. some goggles to be able to have a real point of view/no sun glare
4. ability to toggle quickly between automatic modes so that you can go from follow-me to waypoint for example while filming same shot.
5. ability to capture sound and somehow eliminate the buzzing from the propellers
6. retractable legs like on the Inspire 2.

These are just my initial impressions being very new to drones, I'm sure others have better ideas.. just wanted to spark a conversation.

thanks and happy droning.

Be able to transform and go submersible in water

Have better night vision and some type of FLIR for searching and rescue

Replaceable camera and lens

Reinforced camera and body shell for impacts

Modular legs that can be snapped into place to be replaced after a crash

Long range camera

A little cheaper [emoji23]

Sent from [emoji211]

Hello, new guy here, I have had my Mavic for a month or so, and have thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. I'm still pretty terrible with my manual flying and filming.. very jerky, need to use the automatic modes more, need to learn how to build a storyline for my videos. but I'm having fun 100% of the time.. here are a few videos if anyone is interested.

Racing F3 cars at Killarney in S.Africa (favorite part is staying low over the track)

San Francisco - Golden Gate Flyby

Heading to Alcatraz (chickened out halfway there)

ANYWAY,

so I recently discovered the Inspire 2 and am totally in awe at it's speed and it's retractable legs.. and while I have no interest in owning something so huge or heavy, it did get me thinking about what I would want in the next version of the Mavic, and I came up with a few ideas.

1. faster
4. ability to toggle quickly between automatic modes so that you can go from follow-me to waypoint for example while filming same shot.
5. ability to capture sound and somehow eliminate the buzzing from the propellers

These are just my initial impressions being very new to drones, I'm sure others have better ideas.. just wanted to spark a conversation.

thanks and happy droning.
A separate channel so that a third party server could operate for instance a cargo release hook

I would put an even better camera, with included ND filter, and some more photographic settings.

Reactions: Merlin23
I really can't think of anything without changing the whole airframe other than an HDMI out on the controller.

I would like to see a mavic extreme. Twice the size, dual batteries, better camera than the p4p. ****, I'd pay 2-2.5 grand for that. Even if the mavic was twice the size it's still smaller than most professional drones folded up. The mavic is such a great piece of machinery already it really only lacks an awesome camera.

Attachment that provides connectivity for larger devices.. that is all

Also the ability to transform. Into a coffee maker just kidding....lol, not really

Sent from [emoji211]

There's only a few ways to get there:

1. Make the aircraft lighter - what would you remove?
2. Use a bigger battery - but the added weight cuts into flight time, and may make the aircraft bigger, and thus heavier. See #1.
3. Batteries with increased energy density - don't know if there are any viable improvements to be made here.

A half hour is plenty, really.

Meh. Sunshades work, and goggles are illegal in the US right now anyway.

Agreed. Maybe assign it to a C button?

Good luck with that!!!

Weight/battery/etc. Can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
Be able to transform and go submersible in water

Have better night vision and some type of FLIR for searching and rescue

Replaceable camera and lens

Reinforced camera and body shell for impacts

Modular legs that can be snapped into place to be replaced after a crash

Long range camera

A little cheaper [emoji23]

Sent from [emoji211]

All this and make me a sandwich.:)

If it could fly me home, too... would be great! Thanks in advance DJI!

If like the flight mode from the p4p " draw "

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

I really can't think of anything without changing the whole airframe other than an HDMI out on the controller.

I would like to see a mavic extreme. Twice the size, dual batteries, better camera than the p4p. ****, I'd pay 2-2.5 grand for that. Even if the mavic was twice the size it's still smaller than most professional drones folded up. The mavic is such a great piece of machinery already it really only lacks an awesome camera.

isnt that what the DJI Inspire 2 is already?

I also thought of two other items:

-upward vision.. so when you're flying indoors for example it won't crash into the roof if you lose connectivity and the "go home" mode activates.
-some kind of redundant system so if one of the propellers or motors fails, it doesn't come crashing down.. maybe dual upper and lower props?

isnt that what the DJI Inspire 2 is already?

I also thought of two other items:

-upward vision.. so when you're flying indoors for example it won't crash into the roof if you lose connectivity and the "go home" mode activates.
-some kind of redundant system so if one of the propellers or motors fails, it doesn't come crashing down.. maybe dual upper and lower props?

ya but the inspire is HUGE

The Mavic is the best UAV out there for its class . The only thing needed is to keep improving what it already does starting with the camera . Make it focus for distance by default and if you want something up close in focus then you can tap to focus .

Hell if they could keep the same performance in video quality and flight performance in wind etc then hell , make it smaller not bigger !

Removable camera gimbal for ease of repair/camera upgraded; and a dedicated controller with screen to untether from smart devices.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

An optional cargo/payload release clasp/claw. I want to go offshore fishing and use my Mavic to take the line well off shore. Release is always the issue. Plenty of current YouTube videos of folks doing it with Phantoms and homemade skid hooks but I want the claw to snap underneath, plug in to the micro USB on the Mav and accept a release command from the app.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar