DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the Best DJI Drone for Manual Control of the Camera that will tilt AND pan -80° to 80°.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
One of my Clients wants to Change there entire DJI fleet to Autel becuase DJI has moved away from Manual Gimbal Control .

They were using the Air 2S as there main fleet of Drones but I feel the Switch to Autel Drones may not be the best move.

We do of course make the Wet Suits for the Autel Drones but just want to clear DJI before they Luanch there new Program.

I Believe there placing the Drone on top of a Tower without flying it and Recording from that Perch, sketchy on those details .

Any ideas ?

Phantomrain.org
Wet Suits to Fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: Cafguy
You didn't give a budget but in consumer drones under 2,000$ there was one standout, the Typhoon from Yuneec and later the Typhoon 520 and Typhoon H Plus models utilizing a 1 inch sensor.

Typhoons had a lot of firsts that are still valuable to this day.
  • Six rotors. Can loose an engine at ANY station and remain in flight.
  • GEO zones can be turned off (requires proper documentation and a one time fee)
  • Retractable landing gear
  • 360 degree Pan x 115 degree Tilt camera with several independent control modes
  • Can fly preprogrammed routes while camera control can be assigned to a joystick with variable expo available for precise control
  • Can have a second controller take over camera control to utilize a dedicated camera operator and pilot
  • Full size Controller was the first to have a built-in bright screen
  • Imagery on par or better than M2P, P4P etc
While the above were the good points there were (and are) some bad points
  • Industry-leading (in a bad way) ;) terrible to non-existent customer service especially here in the US. Its really bad.
  • Spare parts and supplies hard to find
  • Overall not as refined as a DJI product

As a business, would it make sense to buy one of the desired drones and run it through its paces for the desired use case? Then, crash it, send it in and see how the support is? May seem silly to deliberately crash a drone to test service, but it could be a lot cheaper than buying a whole fleet of “test cases”.

Reactions: rp6
What kind of budget are they looking at and do they have a Drone pilot ( one that could fly manual or acro) or just a guy that operates the drone. that will make a differance in money and usefullness.

As a business, would it make sense to buy one of the desired drones and run it through its paces for the desired use case? Then, crash it, send it in and see how the support is? May seem silly to deliberately crash a drone to test service, but it could be a lot cheaper than buying a whole fleet of “test cases”.
profound wisdom

Why are they abandoning their Air 2S fleet? Is there some functionality Autel has that DJI does not that they need?

The Air 2S is still for sale and fully supported.

Reactions: Cafguy
One of my Clients wants to Change there entire DJI fleet to Autel becuase DJI has moved away from Manual Gimbal Control .

They were using the Air 2S as there main fleet of Drones but I feel the Switch to Autel Drones may not be the best move.

We do of course make the Wet Suits for the Autel Drones but just want to clear DJI before they Luanch there new Program.

I Believe there placing the Drone on top of a Tower without flying it and Recording from that Perch, sketchy on those details .

Any ideas ?

Phantomrain.org
Wet Suits to Fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Either inspire 1 or inspire 2 will easily do what your looking for, inspire 3 as well but the cost is probably undesirable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman