DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the correct way to request service?

cpurick

Reactions
My Air 2S is about 7 months old. Never been damaged or repaired. I purchased the refresh option when I got the drone.

There is a video glitch that happens once every hour or two of recording. DJI looked at the video, and confirmed it's not my memory card. The rep on Facebook (his name is Hunter) said to send the drone back if it happened again.

Since DJI analyzed the video I have replaced the memory card and re-flashed the firmware from the Assistant app as instructed. The glitch occurred again yesterday.

I want to send the drone back, but I don't know if this is covered (or even appropriate) for the refresh plan. Is this a warranty item, and should I be paying to have it looked at? One of the online options wants to charge me $119 US to send it back.

What is covered? What is the appropriate way to send this back? Do I (should I?) burn a Refresh replacement to deal with this? There are misleading prompts (perhaps translation issue?) that seem to be funneling my request toward buying a replacement with a $119 US fee.

If there is no crash or fly away then it's not a Care Refresh issue; check the details of your Care Refresh plan you got when you paid.
Warranty is for a defect on the drone.
In either case start with DJI.com and support service online.

Reactions: cpurick
If its faulty goods and under 1 year old (which it is) it is a warranty issue, not a care refresh issue, unless you want to needlessly pay for a repair/replacement drone.

The problem is that when I get to this screen it shows me a "replacement fee." If I'm not seeking a replacement, should I just ignore that? I bypassed replacement/express options and just tried going in as a standard service request.

1654447160988.png

I'm not sure exactly the options here if there is a way to just inquire about service. At this point you have the option to explain details and post all questions so the case can be evaluated. Make sure you explain what you think is a warranty issue.
At this point you are not obligated to anything. When you get a response just ask more questions. On the other hand, DJI may not be able to determine the correct solution until the drone is returned for evaluation. Even then you are not obligated to take the service but there may be a shipping charge to pay.
You won't know any of the results until you start the process.

I figured it out; crappy website. The first time you hit Next it prompts you to apply for express. If you cancel, then the next time you hit Next you get to do a proper service request. Sorry for the confusion.
Maybe it's just trying to expedite me to Refresh if that's my situation. I have a case number, no money was required.

Reactions: FLDave
I figured it out; crappy website. The first time you hit Next it prompts you to apply for express. If you cancel, then the next time you hit Next you get to do a proper service request. Sorry for the confusion.
Maybe it's just trying to expedite me to Refresh if that's my situation. I have a case number, no money was required.
Glad you figured it out. I didn't want to start a process to figure it out. A couple months ago I did a repair request for my Spark which did not have Care Refresh; I just paid the nominal repair fee and got a total replacement. Later I did a Care Refresh for my Air 2 s when I had a crash.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DevinNorgarb