Join Us Now

What not to do with your Drone

charliesRig

Reactions
Looks like a Inspire.?
PaltryLightAnnelid-size_restricted.gif

It was an Inspire... :)

Pilot did not take account for the air density that close to the fire

Yes! Super good point! Warm air has less density and thereby less potential lift. Studying for the Part 107 and thats one of the points covered.

Its really a perfect illustration of that concept.

Reactions: HVYMTL
I think he was intentionally trying to dump it in the fire. It has no gimbal on it.
Yeah I know! But I felt bad for the Inspire. Lots of good parts going to waste!

So am I bassakwards?

Well, in general, you are right when it comes to the affects of hot air and decreased lift. Hot, thin air is detrimental to lift. Cold, dense air helps lift.

But in the situation of flying over a fire, or even worse, pilots flying over forest fires, there will be substantial increases in lift due to the updrafts of hot air.

Reactions: Ynksfan27 and BD0G
It might have been a ploy to get his wife to let him buy a new one. "But honey, it accidentally crashed into the fire!"
I’m just not sure if fire is better than water?
Well, in general, you are right when it comes to the affects of hot air and decreased lift. Hot, thin air is detrimental to lift. Cold, dense air helps lift.

But in the situation of flying over a fire, or even worse, pilots flying over forest fires, there will be substantial increases in lift due to the updrafts of hot air.
I like your technically precise insite, you are very right about the thermals.

I’m just not sure if fire is better than water?

You are 100% right. Water is better than fire. If it perishes in a fire, a wife might ask to see the ashes, but if it goes into the water, there are no recoverable remains. (a bad husband could sell his drone, tell his wife its at the bottom of the lake, and buy a new one)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird