DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What other hobbies do you have besides Drones?

We race our dogs for fun . Ribbons and trophies!
Those aren't dogs.

THIS is a dog:

gettyimages-71285912-e1532446774693.jpg

😁😁😁

Last edited:
When I'm not watching the grandkids a couple days a week, feeding the Blue birds, or keeping the yard and house in order I revert to one of my favorite hobbies One that I get to drink all my mistakes. I'm a homebrewer. I'll usually make over 20 batches of beer a year (5 gallon batch). Every fall we will have a beer fest for @ 50 friends and members of the local HomeBrew club, usually I'll have 12 or more different beers, my DonWiser to Barleywines.

Attachments

• IMG_4317.jpeg
    IMG_4317.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • Fermenter 2cb.jpeg
    Fermenter 2cb.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • Fermenter new.jpeg
    Fermenter new.jpeg
  • IMG_4051.jpeg
    IMG_4051.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4427.jpeg
    IMG_4427.jpeg
  • Shop mess.jpeg
    Shop mess.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4427.jpeg
    IMG_4427.jpeg
  • Brewhardware 008.jpeg
    Brewhardware 008.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Crow Horse- Good morning to you. I am glad to see another pilot who enjoys kayak fishing. I spend a lot of time with my backside in a kayak seat. What sort of fish do you paddle after? I am either looking for freshwater fish- crappie, bream, bass or saltwater stuff- redfish, redfish, and more redfish.
I do a monthly kayak fishing column for one of the magazines I work for.
If I might make so bold as to ask, where do you fish primarily?

Good to hear from another paddle angler-

good day to you- Ed

Kayak fishing.......View attachment 149821View attachment 149822
Ed, PM inbound.........

Boating. And letting my First Mate (senior daughter) pilot while I just relax!!

Attachments

• 20211002_130212.jpg
    20211002_130212.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20211002_151603.jpg
    20211002_151603.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: March411
MTB, climbing, but if you ask the wife she will say researching the next equipment purchase.

Funny, when I write the above - you'd think I combine these activities but I don't. Like I have never taken my drone out on mtb or climbing, never took my mtb to a climbing route etc.

Woodworking (my winter passion), camping/boating (summer passion), computer networking (my former profession), and finally discovering rare bourbons and ryes that go well with a fine cigar (my year round passion).

Reactions: UtahSteve and dozzn
You mean "other than computers, videography and photography" right ? :).

One thing I have noticed is American has such beautiful changing scenery, how I envy you :)

I took-up making mosaics of the Sonoran Desert at night. This is on display at the 101 Gallery in Downtown Mesa. This is a bat flying to pollinate a blooming saguaro under a full moon.

Attachments

• 20201107_122834.jpg
    20201107_122834.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
That’s awesome Zbip!
Thanks. The boat was scratch-built using plans purchased from www.bearospaceindustries.com/boats2.html

I have fun making YouTube videos with GoPro cameras mounted on the sailboat. There's a playlist of 23 (so far) different videos here: tinyurl.com/SchoonerKamanik

Or, if you prefer the direct link:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-HDRAAUvQY&list=PLLngMU-9AtNNx6s_6HHEEoPavtJv1p6BY

It's funny how I can happily sail this thing pretty much anywhere, with an obvious camera mounted on it, and nobody has ever accused me of spying on people. But when I offered to use my drones to fly repeatable Litchi missions at various times of the year to document the spread of invasive aquatic weeds in our lake, the executive committee of our lake association declined my offer.

Their reason? Well, their directors insurance policy doesn't cover the use of "aircraft". So that would leave them exposed to liability in the event that anyone sues them "voyeurism". I kid you not. They weren't worried about whether I'd crash and burn down someone's cottage. Nope. Their primary and sole concern was that people might think we're spying on them.

So I recently used my Mavic Mini to shoot a spherical panorama of the entire lake and posted it on Google Streetview. I did it late in the evening, just before sunset, when it was already starting to get cool outside. That way I wouldn't need to waste any time blurring out the details of all the nude sunbathers that would otherwise be publicly displaying themselves all day out on their docks. As if...

goo.gl/maps/RBm8BtB7Jwrz1szF9

Reactions: Shenga
That’s a beautiful lake and yes, I also know people that are dead set against drones for no logical reason.

Reactions: Shenga
Photography, military history, and aviation. I volunteer at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo as a tour guide on Saturdays, and am a part-time employee 3 other days. One of my shots is on the cover of the exhibit hall map given to visitors. I also shoot for a non-profit that plants flower beds around the cities of Kalamazoo and Portage.

I am also a USN veteran during Viet Nam.

Attachments

• 27 April 8 square crop.jpg
    27 April 8 square crop.jpg
    957.5 KB · Views: 10

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive