DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What quality should I shoot in?

Tylergalloway

Reactions
So now that Iv become more comfortable with my MP, I want to start using it more as a tool in my videos instead of the main production. I'm making videos primarily with my Nikon D7000 DSLR which shoots at 1080p 24FPS ( the best quality it can shoot in btw ) I also use a GoPro H4B which has better quality but I suppose this question can also answer the same thing for the GoPro.

My main camera is the D7000 which can only shoot 1080@24 so should I match my other gear ( MP/ GPH4B ) to that? Even as for as editing for the time being Iv been using movie maker which downsizes to 1080 I believe so is there even a point of me shooting at higher resolutions?

Iv tried using D Resolve but on my surface Pro 3 it still takes 2+ hours to render a color graded 1 min clip shot in 4K on the Mavic.

What do you think ?

I'd stick to the same FPS to keep things smooth. The resolution is personal preference, probably based on the speed of the machine your using and storage. I've been shooting everything 4K with the Mavic so when I edit a clip I can zoom, pan, and stabilize the 4K footage and have no loss of resolution when outputting to 1080. Have a Surface 3, too. Never tried rendering on it, can imagine it would take a while!

I found that the video editor did a much better job of compressing down to 1080 than the Mavic did in-flight. So I would suggest shoot hi and compress later. Also gives you the zoom options mentioned above.

You can keep your lenses just get a new body with a better sensor and cpu

An inspiring, essential contribution.
Bravo.

It has merit. And offers more than yours did.

OP - shoot on the mavic in the highest res, matching the FPS of the lower res camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929