DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What restrictions to expect of my M2P vs. my MP .400

KiterTodd

Reactions
I'm headed to FedEx now to pickup my M2P. I'm one of the owners who kept my MP at .400 when they started to add more restrictions. I was wondering what, if any, restrictions I'll notice with the newest DJI firmware that ships on the M2P?

I'm assuming the no-fly zones are the same (drone won't take off) but the authorization zones require the text back where you confirm authorization and they send you an access code, or something like that. Or is it more restrictive than that?

Also, with regards to my DJI GO 4 App, is it safe to update for use with the M2P but have it still work fine with my MP running .400?

Thank you. Thumbswayup

I'm assuming the no-fly zones are the same (drone won't take off) but the authorization zones require the text back where you confirm authorization and they send you an access code, or something like that. Or is it more restrictive than that?

Thank you. Thumbswayup

What happens when you're using a tablet or phone with no sim. Does dji just ground you pretty much? Been a while since I had my mavic 1, and didn't have all this checking at the time.

I'm headed to FedEx now to pickup my M2P. I'm one of the owners who kept my MP at .400 when they started to add more restrictions. I was wondering what, if any, restrictions I'll notice with the newest DJI firmware that ships on the M2P?

Also, with regards to my DJI GO 4 App, is it safe to update for use with the M2P but have it still work fine with my MP running .400?

Thank you. Thumbswayup
I'm in a similar position, you won't be able to use one app for both, or run two apps and choose between them.
Your best option will be a second device, or use Litchi on the old Mavic.
I'll continue to run a modified app and/or Litchi on my Nexus 7 for the MP. M2p can use the phone with new app.

What happens when you're using a tablet or phone with no sim. Does dji just ground you pretty much? Been a while since I had my mavic 1, and didn't have all this checking at the time.

I would also like to know if the later version of DJIGo require a SIM card to be installed in device or WIFI to be on. I fly my MPP with the Wunderphone with no sim and leave WIFI off. Using DJIGO 4.1.15. Haven't had any issues.

I'm in a similar position, you won't be able to use one app for both, or run two apps and choose between them.
Your best option will be a second device, or use Litchi on the old Mavic.
I'll continue to run a modified app and/or Litchi on my Nexus 7 for the MP. M2p can use the phone with new app.
I was hoping someone would confirm if this is an issue or not.

There was a response in the MP forum a while back stating that you can update to the latest Go 4 App even if you have older firmware (i.e., new App would work with either device). But I never tried it and was hoping for confirmation before doing so this week.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear