DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would happen if......

BerndM

Reactions
If I decided that I wanted to fly my MP in a location, such as in a steep walled canyon where the chances of a good GPS signal was zilch, what sort of response should I expect to get from the MP or controller?
Would it simply go into Atti mode and still let me fly?
I am perfectly OK to fly in Atti.
That's all I originally had with my DJI F450 (Naza) Flamewheel quad and I had no issues with that at all.
Thanks

I did actually read that about "Weak" signals, but I don't think there will be ANY GPS signal at all where I would like to fly.

The chance that it switches in and out of GPS mode at random is the problem/risk. Unless you can be absolutely sure it will not receive any GPS signal at all. The Mavic is unpredictable with weak GPS. If only it had a lockable Atti mode it would be just Atti flying all the way of course.

Don't forget the turbulence and air pressure changing close to canyon walls. Could be fatal for a quad that suddenly decides to hover in Atti (because it had a short GPS mode moment) and might refuse any stick input for a few seconds.

Reactions: BerndM
Thanks for that. I never considered the in & out aspect of the signal.
DJI has really fallen down on the job when it comes to this Atti situation. Since the MP is very obviously able to enter into Atti mode on its own, how difficult can it possibly be to be able to select the Atti mode via the touch sensitive controller display or in the settings menu???
I would think a FW update could / SHOULD be able to remedy this huge omission.

Thanks for that. I never considered the in & out aspect of the signal.
DJI has really fallen down on the job when it comes to this Atti situation. Since the MP is very obviously able to enter into Atti mode on its own, how difficult can it possibly be to be able to select the Atti mode via the touch sensitive controller display or in the settings menu???
I would think a FW update could / SHOULD be able to remedy this huge omission.
Not many MP flyers who wouldn't agree with you!

It's a shame. I only found out AFTER I got it. Couldn't believe it at first.
I read the manual well before buying the MP but still never suspected that there wouldn't be a way to lock into Atti. I am trained to flying in full manual (so even without the help of a barometer). All other DJI drones I owned and have flown were at least Atti switchable. DJI failes to make this clear in all the advertising and marketing they do. DJI is not to be trusted when it comes to 'soft' product specifications, they usually change them at will without any notice to the public.

If you are comfy with ATTI flight, just place a couple of pcs. of foil over the top/back area of the bird. Won't switch in and out then....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter