DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats your flight/crash ratio?

Former Member

Reactions
What started out as a joke, has got me thinking. Every time I would come home from the park, my wife would ask me, "How many flights? Ok, and how many crashes?" When I go fly with my friends, we also joke, Flights 5, Crashes 0, or whatever it was for the day. When I got home, I would just hold up my 2 hands to my wife, one hand flights, the other crashes. If I was lucky, the left hand hand 5 fingers up, the right just a big 0.

Unfortunately, for me anyway, crashes are a part of flying. It's not the crash that counts, though. It's the amount of time you got to spend in the air. So, if you have flown 100 flights and crashed once, then you are batting .999. Thats pretty good!

The big things are to:
  1. Try to prevent crashes in the first place by adhering to a strict preflight protocol
  2. Keep yourself and others safe so that if things do go wrong, the damage will not be to your body
  3. Keep your crash damage to a minimum so that the one mishap doesnt jade your enjoyment. Prop gurads, prop cages, and anything else that will mitigate crash damage might be well worth your money.
  4. Drones were made to crash. If not, they wouldnt have made them so durable. Dont let a $100 or $200 crash stop you from flying. Best to figure out what you did wrong, not do it again, and get back in the air.
  5. Before you even take your first flight, at least get yourself some insurance. DJI Refresh (DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro)) or State Farm will calm your nerves a little bit.
My flight/crash ratio is around .999. (around 3,000 flights, 10 bad crashes, no flyaways, none totally destroyed). Im not bragging, just lucky and a little more careful than others.

I can tell you some stories about customer crashes, but would rather hear yours.

What about your flight/crash ratio?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrmund
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edy44