DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When Rookie No More?

HelloNasty1

Reactions
Generically speaking when is one no longer a drone (quadcopter) rookie/newb?
Disclaimer: generic because you have hours or lots of distance does not mean knowledge.

With the above said what hours or distance flown moves you out of being a newb?

I consider myself still a newb with currently 90 miles total flown. Though, I have learned a lot along the way.

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

Have several birds and not even counting my P2's I've been through will always be a noob.
IMG_7543.jpg

For me it is when I can use my drone to do a real estate property presentation. That would include inside the house in some cases. I have a Mavic Pro, a Phantom 3 Standard and a Yunteec Breeze.

When you have complete hand eye coordination with the drone no matter what its orientation and can use that effectively to navigate most situations.

You have mastered using the flight info and controller settings.

You can calmly and logically work through problems even when under stress.

I will feel like I have made it when I can do those three things.

Reactions: dewster and Andart
Very vague, knowing how to fly and how to film and how to film and fly are all different.

Will always be a newb in a department that havent been explored. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

When you fully understand the system, the different settings, and its behavior in different situations (especially abnormals i.e. loss of GPS signal, improper downwards sensor behavior, loss of R/C, critical battery etc) so that you can react in the most appropriate way when a surprise happens.

Secondarily, when you know how to operate the camera to get the results you want and what you can/can't do with it.

Reactions: dewster
When do you consider yourself no longer a newbie?
Remember.......
Pride Comes Before A Fall.
Or in this situation...A Crash.
[emoji41][emoji106][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

When you fully understand the system, the different settings, and its behavior in different situations (especially abnormals i.e. loss of GPS signal, improper downwards sensor behavior, loss of R/C, critical battery etc) so that you can react in the most appropriate way when a surprise happens

Agree. And until you put yourself in that situation or happens unexpectedly you can never handle in a calm quick thoughtful manner.
From a newb who has experienced all and am better for it.

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa