DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When will people learn to keep their hands away from flying drones?

My dad was hand catching and launching for me yesterday while on the boat. He reached too high up and really let out a “****”

My dad was hand catching and launching for me yesterday while on the boat. He reached too high up and really let out a “****”
Sorry to hear that. Hope it wasn't too serious. I know everyone wants to get that great shot and be adventurous but is it worth it?

Oh he’s fine. I’ve even been nipped by the mavic just to see what it’s like. It’s nothing bad. Just like a fan. But be careful I wouldn’t not bet it won’t draw blood

Reactions: Stride8
'My fingers were almost cut off by a drone'

Flipboard on Flipboard

Ill just let it land on the ground SMH

The Mavic will cause damage but the bigger/heavier blades on the Phantoms & other drones are the ones which will slice down to the bone.
'My fingers were almost cut off by a drone'

Flipboard on Flipboard

The MAVIC as well as all drones should have warning messages on every page of the user manual. Its amazing how fast accidents can happen. I landed my Phantom away from my original takeoff point & some guy picked it up. The next thing I know the drones blades started spinning & the guy luckily was able to drop it without getting hit by the blades. I never figured out what happened but it scared the heck out of me & taught me to never let someone get close to the drone unless the powers off.

I've stuck my finger into the spinning blades before. It was an accident. I was showing off some things about it to an "oooh"er. It was a cold winter afternoon. It hurt like hell for days since my finger was already cold before it took the impact. Somehow my skin didn't break, but the blood vessel underneath did.

I've stuck my finger into the spinning blades before. It was an accident. I was showing off some things about it to an "oooh"er. It was a cold winter afternoon. It hurt like **** for days since my finger was already cold before it took the impact. Somehow my skin didn't break, but the blood vessel underneath did.
wooooweeee Lucky man

Ha I saw what my Mavic did to a branch of a pine tree... cut chunks of it off flipped the drone and the drone continued to fly away from the tree almost like a dog fight where the Mavic came out the victor.... (I was messing around with some of the special modes and forgot that if the drone if flying backwards it doesn't have avoidance).

At that point I knew it wasn't playing around ha.

Reactions: flyerjoe
Ha I saw what my Mavic did to a branch of a pine tree... cut chunks of it off flipped the drone and the drone continued to fly away from the tree almost like a dog fight where the Mavic came out the victor.... (I was messing around with some of the special modes and forgot that if the drone if flying backwards it doesn't have avoidance).

At that point I knew it wasn't playing around ha.

That is very visual!

I have never seen any manufacturer recommend any multicopter with props larger than two inches, suggest hand landing. Mavic's props turning at 10000rpm will cut flesh in a messy way. For safety sake I would always recommend launching and landing from clear ground, and never get close to people, or any living creature.

Reactions: krobert291
I was being daft with my mavic on my bedroom floor, contemplating a indoor shoot, put hand down to hit the power button to turn it off in a rush as one prop was coming in contact a metal bin after a aborted takeoff.
managed to slice off the skin from the tip of my finger, just the skin thought. it healed.
as for hand catching/launching mavic, do it all the time without issue

Do you think the new Platinum blades will cut deeper? Or maybe the scream just seems louder?

excuse me Mrstreat, but men do not scream... we merely emit a sound that to the.. untrained ear might sound ever so slightly similar to a scream
and we are not crying... we merely have onion particulate matter on our fingers that the drone has caused to throw up into our eyes.
and no one cried out for "mommy!" you are merely hearing things.... :)

and in all seriousness.. not really, the tips are soft so probably less risk and the risk is the same for the rest of the prop.

ultimately who knows... I wonder if someone could test, using a human analogue... perhaps some sausages.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird