DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 When you don't realise you need phantomrain

I know it takes a lot of time and money and expertise to pull off a good drone light show. Thanks to everyone who can successfully entertain folks and provide a different perspective. I see all kinds of records being broken as shows continue to push the limit and get more and more creative. Lot of mistakes as well. However, I believe drone light shows are overrated. No disrespect but is that what drones have become, a form of entertainment in a controlled environment by "professionals" using a bunch of drones? Because when an amateur flies just one, now there's a problem? I don't want the drone hobby to come down to just drone shows yet no one can accept drones for anything else. It's been awhile now so how many more years are we doing to be amazed by these "events?" Are we ever going to move on with something else more meaningful with drone? So much more that we can do.... Frustrated. 🫤

So there in good hands ;

A team of five professional divers will be deployed on Sunday to dive into the river and retrieve the droves.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the River and dont stand under a drone light show.

So there in good hands ;

A team of five professional divers will be deployed on Sunday to dive into the river and retrieve the droves.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the River and dont stand under a drone light show.
local boys have probably already cleared it out. So don't buy a cheap drone in the next week or so 🤣 🤣

Wow that would be a sale of a lifetime for @Phantomrain.org

Possibly 400/500 drones in the show ?
Rescue jackets and wetsuits please.

350 in the river, don’t think they will find them all.

So there in good hands ;

Phantomrain.org
Here go folks. Looking pretty sad.

Attachments

• drone 2.jpeg
    drone 2.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 50
  • drone 1.jpeg
    drone 1.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 50
Anyone know what programs they use and perhaps what causes these mass crashes?
They do seem to “descend” rather than try to return to home.

Anyone know what programs they use and perhaps what causes these mass crashes?
They do seem to “descend” rather than try to return to home.
Doing a RTH unless coordinated would be near impossible. They have stated that on a critical issue they are programmed to land straight down.

Reactions: Davros007
Reactions: Sky Wombat
Two interesting things about here.
1. As a broad generalisation you can only purchase fireworks in Tasmania and the Northern Territory; and
2. For some reason we persist in holding firework shows in periods of peak fire danger.
I guess drone shows that implode are one way around things. Expensive but.

Two interesting things about here.
1. As a broad generalisation you can only purchase fireworks in Tasmania and the Northern Territory; and
2. For some reason we persist in holding firework shows in periods of peak fire danger.
I guess drone shows that implode are one way around things. Expensive but.
I suspect drone shows will be just a fad - impressive at first but the novelty will wear off. Fireworks on the other hand are always spectacular and you get the sound to go with the light as anyone watching the Sydney NYE fireworks in the harbour will have felt.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga