DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where are the RID modules?

jrseramur

Reactions
I purchased a Dronetag Beacon from Adorama in early September ahead of the first RID deadline. They were on back order then but said the manufacturer would have them shipped to vendors by October 15th. It’s now almost a month later and Dronetag still hasn’t shipped any Beacons to vendors.

Has anyone been able to get one or did Dronetag decide production could wait until March of 2024?

The Holy Stone RID module is in stock on Amazon.

View attachment 170031

That's just so ugly!!!

I just can't stand flying that around in public with that. Embarrassingly ugly. Makes the drone look like a drunk crack wh[you-finish-the-word].

So I gave my Mavic 3 Enterprise with RTK to some kid with an ice cream cone at the park watching me. He was adorable, maybe 5. Just started kindergarten.

Gave him a few minutes instruction with the drone in the air then handed him the RC. he headed over to the monkey bars with it, I headed to Friday's for a beer and Potato Skins.

Reactions: SpitFire
I purchased one from Dronetag and have not received it yet either. I am not sure that dronetag is a legitimate company.

I purchased one from Dronetag and have not received it yet either. I am not sure that dronetag is a legitimate company.
Well, they do have an FAA RID for their modules and co-founder is here in the forum: Dronetag's FAA Approved Remote ID Modules:

So definitely a legit company but let's face it, if the FAA gives you several months to sort out your business, I think most companies are going to take advantage of the opportunity.

I have other thoughts about remote ID broadcast modules as well.

I finally received my Dronetag Beacon module today. Maybe the market is opening up.

Just ordered Holy Stone rid from Amazon and a (3d print) Phantom (leg) mount from Etsy. Wanted rid far away from gps on top. Will post results later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne