DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronetag's FAA Approved Remote ID Modules:

Seen that a couple of months ago.

Reactions: The Droning Company
One of the more attractive, and compact offerings on the market. But certainly not the cheapest.

One of the more attractive, and compact offerings on the market. But certainly not the cheapest.

I'm hoping more products come out as the deadline nears and have a cheaper price.

I fly a MA2, that didn't make the compliance list, and I don't know if I want to buy a module or upgrade to an Air 2s.

Purchasing the Air 2s alone would work since the two aircrafts use the same battery and remote.

Decisions, decisions. 🤔 🤔

DroneBeacon Battery Remote ID transponder actually looks interesting at a lower cost.

So the Air2S will have the RID built in? I won't have to do anything for it? How about the Mini 2 and Mini and Phantom 4 Pro I own? will I have to get modules for each one of those as well?

At least the Mini 2 and Phantoms didn’t make it YET!

It’s been a long time since I had my hands on a Phantom, but I remain hopeful that the Mini 2 will join the list of native-RID later in the year.

If you’re flying your Mini 2 under 250g, and flying rec, your drone is compliant with the RID regs. Some of us might have bigger payloads, and/or fly the Mini 2 under Pt. 107, which would require RID (because a Mini 2 is required to be registered for either reason).

There is a lot of hardware and software in drones like the Mavic 2 series, and the Inspire 2. They are not on the list, but DJI has been slowly adding drones to RID compliance via firmware updates.

I’ve been flying an Air 2s in RID mode for a month, so far no issues, other than my iPad needs to have Location Services (GPS) turned on in order for the drone to launch. It was a simple firmware upgrade on the drone…

Reactions: SethB
Dronetag Beacon with Broadcast Remote ID comes at $199.
Dronetag Mini with both Network + Broadcast Remote ID comes at $299.

You can skip the added value of Network Remote ID if you don't need it (it is not mandated in the US). Please note that prices might seem slightly higher as we mainly target people who prefer premium/professional products with some extra features in the software platform. If you take Remote ID as pure evil and want the most affordable solution regardless of the hassle, I recommend waiting until May/June for our new product release targeting hobbyists in terms of price and features.

Hello guys, Lukas co-founder of Dronetag here. If you have any Remote ID-relevant questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me. Looking forward to our discussion.
Hi Lukas, thank you for offering to answer questions. Could you elaborate a little on this comment from the Dronetag website that seems to be credited to you, "Everything works with one click, and the device starts up in a matter of minutes,” describes Lukas. When you say minutes what exactly are you talking about? 1-2, 3-5 or more?

Also, are the European and U.S. Remote ID regulations one and the same for U.S. Part 107 pilots?

Thank you,
mark

Hi Lukas, thank you for offering to answer questions. Could you elaborate a little on this comment from the Dronetag website that seems to be credited to you, "Everything works with one click, and the device starts up in a matter of minutes,” describes Lukas. When you say minutes what exactly are you talking about? 1-2, 3-5 or more?

Also, are the European and U.S. Remote ID regulations one and the same for U.S. Part 107 pilots?

Thank you,
mark
Hello Mark, well, when I reread the quote, I agree that what we meant might not be very clear. But the main idea of this statement is that we insist on straightforward setup and fast operations. Once you turn on the device, it is usually ready within one minute (as it waits for the GNSS fix) for the first power that day, but all further power-ups in similar time windows are almost instant because the GNSS data are stored in memory, and the receiver then performs a hot start (rather than cold start). You can see the actual operation of the device at 26:02 time in our webinar here Yuneec & Dronetag: Remote ID for drones. Unfortunately, I was indoors, so I had to run simulated GNSS data. Basically, once you receive the device, you are ready to use it within a few minutes - here are the instructions for startup Introduction | Dronetag Help

The Remote ID regulations across EU and US regions differ. The main difference is that in the US it affects almost all pilots. On the other hand, the EU has gone more restrictive towards professional pilots flying in the so-called Specific category. Hobbyists that operate their drones in low altitudes, outside the cities, don't have to retrofit their existing drones with Remote ID. However, when they buy new drones from 1.1.2024, they will most likely be C-class drones that already have a Remote ID system built inside. We will soon be launching educational website where we explain the Remote ID regulations in simple way for multiple regions

Reactions: MRomine
Most likely we in the US will want the beacon and it is not on this site.
Not yet as we have been working together on launching a new product website and preparing some further marketing materials. But you can already contact Vertigo as they will list it soon and then you can make your purchase with their US-based support. I will keep you posted once this list of partners is expanding :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229