DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronetag's FAA Approved Remote ID Modules:

I am sorry for the late reply.

First of all, all flights that you see in dronetag.app are the real ones. They usually come from Dronetag Mini devices via Network Remote ID, that's why you can see flights all over the US or EU.

Secondly, I see you took quite a large battery for the BS. We have been running with 80 mAh capacity and it can power up the device for 4.5 hours. So you can go much smaller. If you send me an email, I can also share with you the 3d model of the Dronetag BS PCB so you can for example 3d print your own enclosure or mounting.

Lastly, the Default flight visibility only affects the flights via Network Remote ID. Data that are being broadcasted are publicly available to anyone. So this setting has no effect on Dronetag Beacon right now. I am sorry that it is not clear from the app.

Lukas, it shows a lot that a manufacturer actually reads public comments of customers, and replies on the forum, thank you for being involved! I certainly recommend any manufacture who does this!

Thank you for clearing up my questions about the network RID options, and your generous offer of helping me out with 3-D printing a case. I would have ordered one of your batteries ready to go, but didn’t have enough time. For now my patch cable works fine with the larger batteries I had laying around so I was able to use them. I will be ordering a couple of your smaller ones soon.

After a bit of testing I’m really impressed how well the BS module works. Firstly, registering it with the FAA was very easy and the serial number was accepted right off the bat on their database. Good job keeping up on all that paperwork on your end! On testing, and I was impressed that My iPhone can pick it up quite a ways away, and it will also work well as a emergency location beacon if my drone ever lands in a tree or in bushes.

I’ve been enjoying using the Dronetag app on my iPhone, and It looks like there are several flights being used in the United States for surveying wind turbine farms, it’s interesting to watch those.

Thank you for your reply and great customer service, as I am currently building some Ardupilot VTOL’s I will be doing more business with you in the future!

Sincerely,

Anthony

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
I received my Drone Tag Beacon in the mail yesterday.
@lukasbrchl very well done.

First off great packaging. I feel like they could have dropped it from a drone and it would have survived easily. Inside was the box etc which was very well designed with lots of information in/on the box. Well designed and laid out.

Next, this thing is tiny and so light. 90% of the package weight was the box.

It was charged to about 75% upon arrival so I was able to set it up in the app and start testing immediately. Setup was a snap and installing it with velcro type fabric (supplied) was simple. App is straight forward and easy to understand.

I give this product a 10/10 rating and highly suggest it to anyone wanting a small, super light weight, and well performing RID module operating o the Bluetooth side of the regulation.

Thank you @AMann for your input and suggestions.

Reactions: AMann
Lukas, it shows a lot that a manufacturer actually reads public comments of customers, and replies on the forum, thank you for being involved! I certainly recommend any manufacture who does this!

Thank you for clearing up my questions about the network RID options, and your generous offer of helping me out with 3-D printing a case. I would have ordered one of your batteries ready to go, but didn’t have enough time. For now my patch cable works fine with the larger batteries I had laying around so I was able to use them. I will be ordering a couple of your smaller ones soon.

After a bit of testing I’m really impressed how well the BS module works. Firstly, registering it with the FAA was very easy and the serial number was accepted right off the bat on their database. Good job keeping up on all that paperwork on your end! On testing, and I was impressed that My iPhone can pick it up quite a ways away, and it will also work well as a emergency location beacon if my drone ever lands in a tree or in bushes.

I’ve been enjoying using the Dronetag app on my iPhone, and It looks like there are several flights being used in the United States for surveying wind turbine farms, it’s interesting to watch those.

Thank you for your reply and great customer service, as I am currently building some Ardupilot VTOL’s I will be doing more business with you in the future!

Sincerely,

Anthony
Hey Anthony, thanks for the positive attitude.

Let me know if you would need the 3D model of the board in the future, and I will send it over to you. If anything comes to your mind, I would be grateful to hear your feedback while using our products.

Have a great day!

I received my Drone Tag Beacon in the mail yesterday.
@lukasbrchl very well done.

First off great packaging. I feel like they could have dropped it from a drone and it would have survived easily. Inside was the box etc which was very well designed with lots of information in/on the box. Well designed and laid out.

Next, this thing is tiny and so light. 90% of the package weight was the box.

It was charged to about 75% upon arrival so I was able to set it up in the app and start testing immediately. Setup was a snap and installing it with velcro type fabric (supplied) was simple. App is straight forward and easy to understand.

I give this product a 10/10 rating and highly suggest it to anyone wanting a small, super light weight, and well performing RID module operating o the Bluetooth side of the regulation.

Thank you @AMann for your input and suggestions.
Hello Allen, really grateful for sharing your experience. We will soon be releasing a new feature that will allow Beacon to store the flight data in internal memory and then download it after the flight is finished to maintain flight logs in your preferred app. Would be happy to hear your feedback guys once it is out.

Reactions: BigAl07 and AMann
Hey Anthony, thanks for the positive attitude.

Let me know if you would need the 3D model of the board in the future, and I will send it over to you. If anything comes to your mind, I would be grateful to hear your feedback while using our products.

Have a great day!
@lukasbrchl -hi Lukas, it’s my pleasure to help out. I want to see you guys be successful as you’re selling a very nice product.

I have a question about the function of the barometer. I posted an idea that perhaps you’re using it to help make the GPS altitude data more accurate, while at the same time allowing the unit to broadcast altitude data at a higher rate and with higher precision. Is this correct?

Reactions: BigAl07
Hello Allen, really grateful for sharing your experience. We will soon be releasing a new feature that will allow Beacon to store the flight data in internal memory and then download it after the flight is finished to maintain flight logs in your preferred app. Would be happy to hear your feedback guys once it is out.

Yes I'll be glad to try it out and provide some feedback on the new feature.

@lukasbrchl -hi Lukas, it’s my pleasure to help out. I want to see you guys be successful as you’re selling a very nice product.

I have a question about the function of the barometer. I posted an idea that perhaps you’re using it to help make the GPS altitude data more accurate, while at the same time allowing the unit to broadcast altitude data at a higher rate and with higher precision. Is this correct?
Hello Anthony,

The barometer is there just to provide some additional data during the flight as the geo altitude from GPS is usually verz inaccurate and drifts over time. In fact, pressure altitude and height are optional fields of ASTM F3411 standard that you don't need to necessarily fill out. Most Remote ID manufacturers decided to not to integrate the pressure sensor to save the costs, but we think it is a great data addition used in Remote ID broadcasting.

For Dronetag BS, once there is a meaningful use case, we will be also supplying the pressure data to Betaflight and similar flight controllers.

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c